Plymouth Rock

Reyna P.O.V

I could recognize that ugly mug anywhere. When I first looked at it on the police station's rogue's gallery, I knew I wouldn't forget it. He shot me a look as mean and vicious as a snarling dog and I almost ran. I had to remind myself that I was a Ramirez-Arellano woman and we Ramirez-Arellano women are amazons; we don't run.
This son-of-a-bitch tried to kill Jason and made poor little Selina Beckendorf  a widow with an unborn child. I wasn't going to let him get away.
He walked out of a movie theater showing "Hell's Angels." I noticed him standing by a poster of Jean Harlow's pouty face and platinum blonde curls sandwiched between two airplanes having a dog fight.

What I did next was probably not the best decision

"Stop! Police!" I shouted after blowing my whistle.
Caligula dashed off like a startled rabbit. I ran after him, cursing myself for being an idiot. Pulling my pistol from its holster, I fired two shots which missed Caligula just barely but left some nasty gashes on his arm.
Luckily for me, he wasn't a very strong runner, so I was able to corner him into an alley where he stopped to catch his breath. I fired two more shots: one grazed his head; the other nicked him in the knee.
Instead of running away, Caligula charged towards me. He grabbed my shoulders and I fought him off, pushing him against a brick wall. In response, he threw a punch at me, hitting my eye.
"Shame to bust up that pretty face," he sneered.
"Can't say the same for you," I replied, returning the punch, causing his nose to bleed.
"Stupid bitch!"
Caligula shoved me. At the end of the alley was a set of stairs, leading down to a small courtyard. Being shoved, caused me to stumbled down the stairs and hit my head.
"Tell Grace and Jackson I'm coming for them," was the last thing Caligula said before running away.
I was out cold for a while, just long enough for that snake Caligula to slip from my grasp. When I regained consciousness, I noticed that I had twisted my ankle during my fall and had a bump on my head as well as a black eye. I considered myself damned lucky that I made it out of this rumble with only a black eye, a bump on the head, and a twisted ankle.

A/N What did you think of the fight scene? Action sequences are something I struggle with as a writer. Did Reyna put up a good fight? I wanted to portray her as tough and brave but not necessarily a superwoman (this is a realistic au), so that's why she loses the fight- she loses because Caligula is a creep who doesn't fight fair.

I woke up on the sofa in the Di Angelo living room. My head resting on a pile of pillows and my ankle propped up on a sofa cushion. Once I regained consciousness, I remembered that I was in pain.
"You're awake," Nico's little sister Hazel said. She walked into the living with a mug of coffee and some aspirin tablets. "These are for you."
"Thanks," I winced.
"Breakfast should be ready in a little bit."
I took a sip of coffee and used it to help me swallow the aspirin. After a few minutes, the medicine kicked in and I felt a bit better.