°3°

Word count: 1663

•••

Lance fell asleep shortly after Allura had stitched up his wounds, Tiegan cuddling up to him in his lap and joining him not long after.

Their soft snores made Keith smile. Shiro was probably the closest thing he had to a sibling, he remembered the first time they met, when Keith was just five years old.

"Keith, I'd like you to meet someone." His father had said when they had come to a halt in one of the many rooms of the palace.

Five year old Keith hid behind his father's leg shyly. He didn't like meeting new people.

A young and very handsome boy turned from where he was talking to someone, a bright smile on his face.

"This is Takashi..." his father said, gently pulling Keith from behind him and nudging him forward.

Keith looked up at the seemingly gigantic figure of his father and then looked back timidly to the boy.

He had always been taught to remember his manners so he tried to straighten up a bit.

"Hello Tak-shi..." he mumbled nervously, his five year old self still not able to say new complicated words correctly.

Keith had thought that the boy would say hello and then continue talking to his father, that's what normally happened when he was introduced to someone. It was a formality more than genuine interest.

But the boy suddenly sat down on the floor right in front of Keith and flashed that bright smile again with a chuckle.

"You can call me Shiro if you'd like. I have something for you." He said, and that was enough to peak any five year olds interest.

Shiro pulled a small pastel pink paper bag out of his pocket and held it out to Keith who looked at his father.

His father smiled and nodded encouragingly so Keith took the bag with a smile.

He pulled at the small smiley sticker holding the opening together and peered inside. He gasped.

"Chocolate!" He cried happily, he wasn't allowed too much 'junk food' at the time so he cherished any he got with gratitude.

Keith looked up at Shiro and smiled wide.

"Thank you so much!" He had said enthusiastically, like Shiro had given him the world.

"You're very welcome. I got them from this cute little candy store on the far end of the village."

Keith had frowned then and put a finger to his lip thoughtfully.

"I don't have anything to give you though..." he mumbled and Shiro began to shake his head but Keith had suddenly ran out of the room to grab the first thing he could think of.

When he came back, Shiro was standing again but he immediately turned to him when he ran into the room, like he was the most important thing there.