04: see you again

I chunck down the galloon of water in a desperate attempt to make my hangover go away, even if it wasn't a big one. Michael softly opened my hand and placed the painkillers on my palm, "Thanks," I muttered, giving him a little smile, that he returned.

After drowning the pills with the help of the water, I went back to my raging rant, "And then he said 'that's not a problem darling' right after I told him I had a boyfriend!" I explain Michael who was more amused than he should over the situation, holding back a laugh as he listened from the dining table, "As if!"

"It seems like you two went along well then," He mocked, probably not caring about my stupid story from last night but making the least of effort out of pity for my hangover state.

"Please..." I rolled my eyes at his teasing comment, "And to make everything worst he said for me to not feel bad because he had a girlfriend too! What an ass," I finished my story with few air left on my lungs, from all the angry screaming when I began to tell what happened to Michael.

"I thought you were supposed to go out with Kat. Speaking of Kat, have you heard from her today?" Michael sighs, probably tired of hearing me complaining all morning, like I usually do.

"No and I don't want to hear from her. Probably spent the whole night kissing the ass of her new sugar daddy." I scoffed, heading to the kitchen to grab a bowl of cereal and milk as my breakfast. I could hear Michael's laugh from the living room along with the TV sound now on, "Why would she invite me to go out with her if when we do she hangs up on me?" I ask rhetorically, knowing Michael can't give me an actual answer.

"You know you can't take it to heart. That's just the way she is." Michael shrugs his shoulders, as if it's not a big thing. He's not worried about her because he's barely friends with Kat. Frankly it seems like she got on his nerves, most of the times.

"What, a bitch?" I glance at Michael momentarily, taking a pause on eating my cereal once I get back to my seat. As if it was a coincidence, my phone starts ringing at the other tip of the sofa, and when I stretch myself to catch a glimpse of the name, I check it's Kat, "Speaking of the devil."

"Are you not gonna pick up?" Michael asked when the phone had been ringing for a minute straight now, so it probably was annoying him.

"No, to what, hear some ass of an excuse that she's not even sorry for?" I raise an eyebrow, declined the call as the ringing was starting to get to me. Deep down I knew I couldn't stay mad at her for too long; only thing is, when I'm mad, I get incredibly petty for no reason, what usually turns the situation even worst.

Seconds after, the door bell rings, and my first reaction was to look at Michael who did the same. He raised his hands up in air in defence, as if he had nothing to do with it, "You should get that." He laughed off, his eyes were now laid on his laptop screen.

As much as I wanted to ignore her ringing in my door bell endlessly until she eventually gives up, I decide I have too much anger and annoyance bothering me and I have to lay it on somebody; instead of doing it on Michael, she now is a far much better candidate for that.

I push my body out of the sofa, feeling an instant dizziness as I do so, but moving on into the hall. I press the button to open the downstairs door for her, and even do her the favor of leaving our house door right open.

I went back to my seat on the sofa, leaving my bowl on the floor and taking more gulps of water to end my hangover faster.

"Solange!" I hear Kat call as soon as she bursts from the door.

"Don't even start," I cut her off, leaving the gallon of water in the floor, "Do you even acknowledge what happened last night?"

"Yeah, you had a hell of a night." She answered, giving me a clueless face as if it was obvious. While I roll my eyes at the blonde girl, she approaches me with her high heels clicking against the wooden floor.

"Fuck off! You hung up on me to be with your new boy toy." I curse at her, not joining her good energy at all. This is all too common for someone who is friends with Kat; she fucks up and even if she knows she did, she keeps on with the same unapologetic expression as if it's not a big deal.

"I really didn't... I mean I made sure you had company." Kat scoffs, shrugging, "Oh, by the way, Calum said he really wants to see you again." She revealed with a huge smile making it's way to her pretty face.

"Oh no, no. You think I wanna see him again?" I emphasized on the 'I' to make sure she got the point. It really strikes me how clueless Kat can be at other people's feelings sometimes; that makes it hard to open up about anything to her.

"Well and why not?" She frowned at my reaction, walking around my living room while she talked, "He seemed really interested in you." Kat shrugged once again, clearly not aware of how our conversation went yesterday night.

"You are unbelievable. You remember I have a boyfriend right?" I retort, the small discussion with Kat already making my head hurt, this is why I prefer to deprive myself from any form of conversation when healing from a hangover.

"I doubt Lucio even called you this week." Kat rolled her eyes, now pushing a chair to sit from the dining table, "Plus you need something to spice up your life." She explains, crossing her legs and letting out a long sigh after being done talking.

"I think I know what I need in my life better than you." I scoff back at her, rolling my dark eyes at her attitude, "Now that you're done with whatever you came here for, you can go." I toss out harshly, pointing at the door where she entered from.

At the back of my mind, I know too well that this feud with Kat won't last for too long. Our personalities tend to clash due to both of us being stubborn, argumentative and sometimes even aggressive towards each other. But in the end, she's one of my only few friends that I tend to hold onto for the longest I can.

"Shit, no need for you to kick me out of your house." Kat pauses for a while, slightly offended at my sudden aggressivenes, "Look, I see it didn't turn out to be a night to remember for you but I only had good intentions." She stares at me with a sincere look, picking at the tip of her nails. I exchange a long look with Kat, then change my sight to Michael who has been silently sitting at the other corner of the sofa busy on his laptop, but probably catching bits of our argument.

"You have a funny way of showing those good intentions." I confess, letting go of a sigh I was holding back. I notice Kat's body tensing up as she probably was thinking about what she did last night over again, but she remains silent, "Alright, whatever, I don't have enough energy to be arguing with you for any longer." My aching hangover gives up the fight for me, and I stand up so I can grab something to eat yet again from the kitchen. I tend to get quite hungry when I'm going through a hangover.

"I- We can go out to eat tonight, if you want." Kat follows me into the kitchen, leaning over the glass wall that separates it from the living room. I doubtfully glance up at my friend, who for once seems to be sorry for her actions, "Don't look at me like that. I need to make it up for you. And you don't hear this from me very often." She releases the tension with a short laugh.

"Promise me you won't take me anywhere close to your boyfriend or his friends please." I reply as I give Kat a serious look. 

"It'll be just us." She assured me, sending me a quirky smile. I nod in confirmation, driving my attention away to the instant noodles I was about to prepare for myself. 

a/n

sorry if there's no calum content in this chapter, but i promise there'll be in the next ones! 

just a quick fyi, if you're wondering how i picture the characters, check out the cast either on the side or on the bottom, depending on where you're reading. you can imagine them as you want, but i picture solange as saweetie (real name diamonte harper), kat as billie eilish but with dark blonde hair instead, and her boyfriend lucio as tyler posey!

hope you are enjoying reading as much as i'm enjoying writing this! also, don't forget to show your love with a vote/comment :) much appreciated! thanks for reading!