09: in my feelings

The days after my last discussion with Lucio had flown by, the boy hasn't given a sign since then. I was quite upset that he would just leave me stood up while we were in the middle of something so important, especially since we've never opened up about our relationship like that before.

I didn't cry, or at least not in front of others. I might've let one or two tears slip before I fell asleep, but aside from that I was remaining strong to Michael and Kat's eyes.

Today I'd finally have my first shift at the fast food restaurant I had interviewed to a couple of days ago, what released a huge weight off my shoulders since I had already told my mom I got the job.

The place is a small and fairly recent Mexican fast food restaurant on downtown Chicago, close to a 45 minute ride from my apartment. I was warned that my shifts there are inconstant, so some days I'll work on the morning, and others at night since it's open until 5am.

To start off, I had a late night shift from 11pm to closing at 5am. I was slightly nervous as to how I'll manage my sleeping schedule in the long run, but right now I'm just glad I have something to contribute to our house bills.

I left my car parked outside far from the others, grabbing my bag tightly against me while I walked towards the small lit up building. Surprisingly, it is almost full considering today is a week day. I pushed the door open and rushed through the tables, already noticing what I supposed was my coworker for tonight peek her eyes up to check me out.

The girl was small, with shortish raven hair and dark eyes. She followed me with her sight until I joined her behind the counter, leaning over it when I gave a short smile.

"You must be the new girl. I'm Alecia," The girl brought out one hand to greet me, I took a step further to retribute her gesture. Alecia had a soft smile resting on her face, while she analyzed what I was wearing.

"Solange," I told her, bouncing back when we were done.

"You should get changed. There's a workers room back there, you can leave your clothing next to mine." Alecia explained, pointing at a small door on the left hidden from the rest of the space.

"Alright, thanks." I smiled shortly at her before heading to the workers room. I left my bag in the corner and quickly changed my top into a red and yellow tshirt with the logo on it. We could keep our bottoms, and it was preferred if we wore jeans since they're easier to walk in and more comfortable. It was also optional to wear the marching hat, with the logo on it; as I'm not a huge fan of hats I decided to leave that aside.

I walked back to Alecia's side, who was getting the payment from a customer. When she was finished she turned to me, letting out a sigh, "It looks nice on you." She said, looking down at my new tshirt.

"Thanks, I thought it looked kind of ratchet the first time I saw it on me," I admit, gripping the end of the tshirt's cheap fabric.

"You're not alone on that." She pointed at herself, and I let out a small chuckle. I took a long look around the place, realizing how busy and crowded it was at this hours.

Alecia noticed my scared face and spoke up, "Don't worry, we don't have to do much. We just stay here on the register to receive payments and ocasinally serve on the tables. It even gets boring sometimes." She laughed slightly, resting one harm above the register, "I kind of like working on the late hours, though. It gets really quiet and we get to eat and rest."

"Yeah, sounds like fun." I shrugged, leaning over the counter to rest my body.

"Trust me," She insisted on her previous idea, rasising her high arched brows at me, "We may even have similar schedules." Alecia side smiled at me one last time before turning to clients who were waiting to pick up their foods.