Chapter 4

(Written on July 30th, 2018, Published August 7th, 2018)

{A few hours before the cops found (Y/n)}

{Night time}

The female child was with her android that was also a female, at night, the child saw someone in an alleyway, passed out in a (f/c) hoodie. "Kara, there's someone there. Should we help them?" The female child asked the android now known as, Kara. The android looked at the person in the alleyway and then back at the young girl, "They do look a little stressed, Alice, but we can't get anyone's attention at this time. Even what happened with you father back at the house..." Kara said to the human known as Alice. "But, she looks lost and hurt..." The young one said in a worried tone.

Kara looked back the the person in the alleyway and then back at Alice. She shook her head at her, "I'm sorry... I feel like they might turn us in, because I went Deviant on your father. So it's best if we leave other humans be and mind our own businesses..." The android said to the young girl. "Besides, we gotta get you to a warm place for the night, your ice cold..." Kara grabbed Alice's hand and started walking around the area they were in to look for a place for tonight.

{Back at Carl's house & present time}

Carl was starting to get worried about (Y/n), his android noticed how nervous and worried he was getting. A knock was heard at the front door, Markus grabbed Carl's wheelchair and pushed him towards the front, the door opened to see two police officers, a police android, and someone that was behind them while the man in the wheel chair was talking to the 3. (Y/n) was scared what Carl and Markus might say to her and might get really upset with her, in her mind, she thought of them hitting her and she got even more scared. The 3 officers got out the way to show that the girl they were looking for were fine.

Lieutenant Anderson decided to speak, since no one was talking about (Y/n)'s self harm, "Hey, uh... you might wanna keep sharp things away from this kid... She's been cutting her arms for awhile, think you needed to know that." Hank said while crossing his arms. "She also might need to live with you for awhile until we can contact her relatives or something. The kid'll explain why, we'll cya next time, have a great day sir." Chris said to Carl while nodding his head, the 3 of them left to Chris's car and drove off. The young female kept looking down while she had her hands in her hoodie pockets, she was scared what they'll say to her.

"I-I'm sorry..." (Y/n) tried to swallow her sobs without letting Carl or Markus know if she was scared or crying, the female kept looking down at the ground without looking up at the android or the old man in the wheelchair. Markus noticed something was off, he decided to walk up to the female that was still standing in the doorway. The female felt the android move towards her, she felt her heart racing and started to panic in the inside, once Markus was right in front of (Y/n), she was petrified and curled into a ball on the ground.

"PLEASE DON'T HIT ME! I-I'M SORRY!" The female said and started sobbing, already getting ready for Markus to hit her. The android's LED turned yellow while hearing the young female sob, Carl was startled after hearing what (Y/n) had said, he then realizes that her blood parents abused her, he then looked at his android in a very worried look. Carl looked at the female that was crying on the concrete floor in front of the door, "Markus, please try take (Y/n) in the house and calm her down. We might talk about this later..." the old man said as he turned his chair around and went over to his phone that was placed near the front, he then dialed a few numbers in and made a call.

{Markus's P.O.V.}

Carl told me to bring (Y/n) in the house, so I did what I was told. I tried picking the young girl up without scaring her, "Everything's going to be alright... I'm not mad and we won't hurt you..." I said to the sobbing female that was on the ground. I slowly placed an arm under her back and the other under her knees, I lift her up and she was surprisingly really light. I carried her to the living room in a bridal style, (Y/n) still had her hands covering her face while tears were still streaming down her face, once I was in the living room, I placed her down on a couch and grabbed a blanket for her. While I placed a blanket over (Y/n), I heard her sobs getting quieter and quieter, it sounds like she was either trying to stop crying or she was maybe falling asleep.

After the sobs died out, I assumed (Y/n) fell asleep, because her hands were kinda off her face. I went to grab a damp rag in the kitchen and came back to the young girl, I cleaned her face and tried wiping off all the tears that were under her eyes and hands. After that, I placed water, small snacks, and a sticky note that says, "In case you hungry, here's something for you to eat." The 3 things were on the mini table that was in front of (Y/n), I went out of the living room to look for Carl, I saw him by the studio door. "You going to paint in the studio, sir?" I asked Carl, just wanting to make sure if he wanted to go outside.

The old man looked over at me, "I'm not sure... Things have been getting out of hand the past few days. By the way, is (Y/n) alright?" I nodded my head at my owner. "Yes, she's alright, Carl. I placed water and small snacks on the mini table in front of her." I told him. He nodded his head at me and sighs, "You know Markus, I always dreamt about having a daughter sometimes. Leo... He changed when he got older, (Y/n) kinda feels like a daughter of my own." Carl said, "One day, I won't be here to take care of you anymore. Your have to protect yourself and (Y/n), and you have to make your own choices... Decide who you are, and wanna become... This world doesn't like those who are different, Markus. Don't let anyone tell you who you should be." Carl told me.

My LED was yellow as I processed what my owner had told me, it kinda reminded me of what (Y/n) said to me back in the studio yesterday. I had no words to say to Carl, I just nodded my head in agreement.

{(Y/n) P.O.V.}

A few hours had passed by, I slowly opened my eyes and saw a blanket was over me. I looked around with my eyes and kinda noticed I was in Carl's living room, I sat up slowly and saw a bright colour sticky note. I read it, but I was very hesitant of touching the snacks, but the water, I wasn't hesitant as much. I grabbed it and chugged the whole thing, guess I was really thirsty. I decided to get up from the couch and look for Carl and Markus, I walked around until I found them. I saw the 2 talking, I kinda hid behind a wall, because I heard Carl talking about me. "...(Y/n) kinda feels like a daughter of my own..." That's all I heard. I teared up a little as I heard those words.

They kept echoing throughout my mind, it made me feel so happy. When's the last time I've been happy? Last time I've felt that emotion is when I was 4 years old, when I first got my (f/p) from an unknown stranger, I remembered naming them (p/n). I had them for so long until my parents forced me to burn it. I snapped out of my gaze and wiped the small tears out of my eyes that formed, I walked over to the old man and the android while I had my hands in my pockets and looking down at the floor. I caught both of their attention on me, I can feel my heart already pounding like crazy, I felt tears coming down my face again. I didn't know what to say or how to react, but before I said anything, I was pulled into a hug.

I looked up and saw Carl and Markus hugging me with a worried look, I hugged them back and let my tears stream down my face. "Don't scare us like that ever again please." I heard the old man said in a worry voice, I smiled weakly at Carl. I started crying again as I tried speaking, "I-I-I'm so s-sorry that I r-ran away..." I said as I started sobbing again. 

((Oof, I'm sorry that this chapter was short again, along with a cliffhanger T^T. I'm still struggling with writers block, ALSO school is starting on August 13th for me and this is gonna be hella hard for me to write and do school things at the same time. So plz forgive the delays on this book, I've been having a really hard time coming up with ideas... If you like, plz comment down on how the next part should be, most my friends are mean sometimes :'>. But hope you enjoyed this chapter! I might edit more things in it and try make it longer, plz comment down on whatever mistakes I did. BYE!))