Chapter 12

(Written on March 1, 2019, published May 26, 2019)

{(Y/n)'s P.O.V}

I started rubbing the sides of my shoulders to keep myself warm, it was getting colder and colder by every second. I then felt something soft go around my shoulders, I looked up and saw Markus placing his torn jacket over me. "I know it's not much, but better than nothing, right?" The Android said while keeping me close to him. I nodded my head and smiled as my teeth were clamping together while they chattered, gosh it was so damn cold. I tugged on Markus's jacket to make it wrap around me so I can feel more warm or something at least, I think it might snow in a few days, the temperature was dropping pretty fast. Markus pointed to a direction and as I looked to his direction, it was an abandoned car, "You can sleep there for tonight. I'll wake you up when it's time to go and I'll be on guard as you sleep." The male android told me.

"Th-thanks Markus..." I stuttered from the cold. He placed his arm around my shoulders and lead me to the car protectively, he opened the door to the abandoned car and we saw 2 androids in there. One of them was a female and shot up from her seat and held the smaller one close to her like a protective mother. I put my hands up and backed up a bit, "I-it's ok, we m-mean no harm... w-we didn't know this c-car was taken by s-someone else..." I assured the female android in that was in the car with the smaller one. The look on her face softened and relaxed her shoulders as she held the sleeping android in her arms. "It's ok. We can share this car together." The android in the car said with a light smile, "What's your names?" She asked.

"My name is Markus Manfred, and this is (Y/n) (L/n). We're on our way to find Jericho, but (Y/n) will need rest for tomorrow before we can venture out tomorrow." Markus said as he introduced himself and me. "What lovely names you both have, my name is Kylie and this little one is named Nalani." The female android, now known as Kylie, said while introducing herself to us. The small android started moving and woke up from her sleeping form, "Hm... wh-what's going on, Kylie...?" She asked while rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. The adult female android looked down at the smaller one and rubbed her side shoulder, "It's ok, they're not going to hurt us." She said with a reassuring smile. Nalani's gaze looked at Markus and I as she tilted her head a little. She gave us a warm smile as she sat up in her spot next to Kylie. "You look pretty." Nalani said to me.

I kinda blushed, no one ever said that to me, "O-oh, thank you..." I stuttered. I wasn't sure if it was the cold or the compliment that made me stutter towards Nalani. In the corner of my eyes, I saw Markus blinking his eyes. I was confused at first, but that's how androids check the whether and time. "(Y/n), it is 2:27 a.m., you need rest for the next day." The tanned android told me. I was getting sleepy, so I nodded at him, "Where will I be able to sleep?" I asked him as i looked around the area that we were with. Then I felt a small tug on my (f/c) hoodie. "Y-you can sleep in this car with me, if you want." The small android said to me with a small adorable smile.

I chuckled slightly and nodded my head at Nalani, "Alright, I'll sleep with you, if that's all right with Kylie." I said while looking up at the female android. Kylie nodded at me with a smile on her face. I went inside the abandoned car with Kylie and Nalani in it, i saw Kylie get out of the car once i got in it. "I'll be watching the night with Markus in case if anything happens." The female android said to both Nalani and I. "That's fine with me, I'll keep Nalani close to me in case if anything happens, we can Evan escape through the other door." I said as I felt the small android snuggling close to me.

This was going to be awhile until something happens and everything goes back to normal. I closed my eyes and immediately fell asleep as the darkness took over and went into a nice sleep.

{Markus P.O.V.}

As I saw (Y/n) and Nalani snuggling as they slept, Kylie and I looked at each other and nodded as we connected out LEDs' so we can talk to each other without actually moving our mouths, in case if Kylie or Nalani hears us. "So, what's your story?" I decided to ask to prevent the awkward silence. A sigh was heard from Kylie as she looked down at the floor as she walked around to keep watch. "I was a doctor Android, and i was trying to save this boy's life... but I-I accidentally took it away from him... I-I just wanted to s-save his life..." She stuttered in between her words as tears started falling down her face. I put my hand on her shoulder to reassure the female android that everything was gonna be alright.

"Th-then... you should know what h-happened... I w-went deviant a-and here i am..." Kylie said as she wiped away the tears were streaming down her face. I nodded my head towards her as I understood what she meant. "I-I'm sorry for asking..." I said to her as I felt sympathy towards her. Kylie calmed down and looked over at my direction, "H-how about you? What's your story?" The female android asked me. I took a sigh as I was trying to put words together to tell my story.

(Small time skip bc ppl should already know Markus' story)

"Damn... I'm so sorry that happened to you... you're lucky that (Y/n) was there to help and find you at the dumpster... Nalani and I are actually on our way to Jericho too." The female android said as she glanced over at the smaller kid like android and back to me. Then I saw her looking at (Y/n), "Hey, once we wake up, I should take a look at (Y/n)'s injuries, and maybe if we get to Jericho, I can tend to them if they have the supplies we need to treat them." Kylie said. I looked back at the female adult and nodded my head at Kylie as i looked back at her. "I think she said that her parents abused her almost everyday for no reason. She would always hide her injuries without us knowing." I said with worry in my voice.

I hope she gets to have a life that she never had before with Carl, Leo, and I one day.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Hello everyone! It's been awhile, huh? Well, I finally got the next chapter out, woooooo! I'm so sorry for the long, long, wait 😓. But I hope this was worth the wait for some of you guys! If I made any typos or mistakes, plz let me know and I will fix it. Thx for reading, byeeeee!