meeting

you had been a fan of tom's for as long as you could remember. he was the first onscreen person you'd devoted your heart to, shamelessly. his talents, abilities, humour and kindness were the first things to attract you to him. then you began to realise his beauty and the potential of a darker side. he intrigued you.
all the more reason to be a fan, you always told yourself.
living in london wasn't as exciting as you'd hoped it to be. moving into the city from the suburbs, you expected more opportunities and general goodness to come your way. it never happened and your hope was collapsing.
you walked down oxford circus, past the different shops and restaurants, finally towards the underground station. a huge swarm of people were coming up the steps so you waited aside until it was clear. you received thank you's and the odd smile and nod but a certain thank you stuck out. no one other than tom hiddleston had a voice like that.
everything ran in slow motion, his face passed yours with a smile, then saying the words of what you thought to be 'thank you, darling'. you smiled back, everything going back to normal. you thought you'd missed your chance to speak him. beginning to moodily slump down the steps, a hand gently held your arm. you turned around and tom was back. he cleared his throat, apologising for grabbing your arm. his eyes met yours through his glasses, he pushed his curls out of his face and his mouth opened, ready to speak.
"can i buy you a drink?"