arm candy

sitting in the front row of the audience of tonight's talk show, you felt kind of oblivious to absolutely everything besides your boyfriend. tom had asked you to be his girlfriend a year ago tonight and your anniversary plans had to be changed thanks to jimmy fallon. you didn't mind, seeing tom laugh and talk about what he loves purely melted your heart.

"so, tom."

"yes, jimmy."

"words been getting around that you've become a lovely lady's arm candy. care to elaborate?"

jimmy perched his arms on his desk and faced tom, who was smiling. your boyfriend seemed flustered at first, then he let out a small chuckle and began his explanation.

"yeah, um, I did meet someone truly wonderful. if anyone would've told me that i'd fall for my makeup artist I wouldn't have believed it. oh, jimmy i am completely and utterly in love. she's everything. the physical form of all kinds of beauty. i just-"

the audience awed and you held your hands your my heart. he looked to you briefly and winked, you smiled back and jimmy caught on. tom was always a very private man and didn't know if you wanted to be exposed the public via jimmy fallon's show. 

"was that her that you winked to?"

"shall we talk about the movie?"

tom desperately tried to get the previous conversation back on track. 

"not a chance now."

fallon pointed a camera in your direction and you appeared on the screens beside the set. tom mouthed an apology to you but you both burst into laughter shortly after. 

"get her up! come over here, love."

a stage manager held out his hand for you, you took it and was directed up a few steps. tom stood up, met you at the edge of the stage and kissed you, for once making his affection public. jimmy kissed the back of your hand and invited me sit next to your boyfriend.
tom and you kept your hands interlocked with each other's the whole time, gaining the adoration of the public.