bedtime

you dropped your handbag on the hallway table, just inside the front door, and took a moment to yourself before venturing into the rest of your home. the home you shared with your beloved, tom hiddleston.
this night wasn't like every other; he wasn't stood outside the door awaiting your arrival, to greet you and show you all his affection as soon as your reached him. concerned and almost disappointed, you called his name a few times, in hope he'd come running. with no reply, you thought nothing else than to check every room in your considerably sized house.
bathroom? no.
kitchen? no.
lounge? no.
library? no.
all the places in which you expected him to be, he wasn't. walking down the stairs from the library, you noticed your closed bedroom door. a smile struck your face and hope filled your heart as you slowly opened the door before you. the room was dimly lit - only by fairy lights. you looked to your bed and admired the sight.
tom was 'starfished' across the bed. his face was down on your pillow and the white duvet appropriately censored his bottom. you sat beside him and tried to keep him in his relaxed daze. you used your nails to gently stroke his back, neck and arms, giving him a calming sensation of your presence. a deep sigh and a gentle episode of eyelids battering later, tom faced you and looked at you for a moment. he smiled through his beard and his eyes twinkled ever-so-slightly. his expression seemed excited that you were finally by his side. taking a breath and clutching your hand in your lap, tom prepared to invite you into your shared bed.
"bedtime, my love?"
"i'll be right in."