part three: the quest

Annabeth pov

A few days after the 'incident' percy was assigned a quest and he could chose one companion. I knew it was going to be me. He always picked me, or sometimes Grover. What was coming, I did not expect.

"Well percy, you will be assigned a quest to will the cyclopes in Brooklyn and free apollo. You may chose one companion" chiron said.
Percy smiled at me.
"Well, that's obvious, I pick Anna.... I pick piper" that last part was aid in anymore female voice, he seemed to glow, but it was only for a second and I thought i'd just imagined it.
So many emotions jumbled through my head, I don't know What to think.
"But piper...." Jason's voice faltered.
I ran to my cabin, not caring a bit about what percy might encounter and not even bothering to say good-bye. I was so angry and sad, I started punching my pillow. Then I took out my dagger (Leo made me another one) and I slashed it until there was nothing left but the stuffing from the pillow. Then, I fell asleep, for no reason.

Percy pov

I don't know what happened. I wanted to pick annabeth, but something... possesed me. It talked through me. I wanted to say I changed my mind, that i wanted to pick annabeth, but something held me back. Me and piper got backpacks that Chiron prepared for us, and we left. Piper slid her hand into mine, and I smiled. We kissed for a bit and there where some mutters and gasps, but we ignored it.

I don't know what happened, one minute I was all for picking annabeth, then a feeling... No someone was speaking through me, said piper. Then, a feeling passed through me. I suddenly realized how beautiful piper was. Her chocolate brown hair, here multicolored eyes and her beautiful face. She was impossible to resist. Though out of the corner of my eye I saw annabeth's face, and she was running to the athena cabin. Forget her. A voice inside my head said. I obliged.

~A 6 hours later~

Me and piper fighting two monsters so far. The first time, I forgot it was piper who was with me, not annabeth. She might not be as good as annabeth in fighting, but most other things she was good at. When we fought the second monster, I got used to piper fighting with me.
It was getting dark, so we set up shelter. We had one tent, and found a place to put it up. We also had one sleeping bag each, and some food and water. Don't for get the nectar and ambrosia. We set up camp and got into our seeping bags. We looked at eachother, and I leaned in close. We kissed for a long time, then fell asleep close to each other.

Jason pov

I was angry with percy and piper. They seemed like they where so in love now. I was just lying on my bed when i heard a knock.
"Come in!" I yelled.
The door opened. It was annabeth.
Her beautiful gray eyes wherever and puffy from crying. Her blond curly hair was pulled to one side. She looked beautiful and perfect. I suddenely thought she was hotter than piper, which was very true.
"Jason..." she said. Her voice was hoarse. "I want to ask you something"
"Sure wise girl"
she sighed. "Since.. well you know what is happening with percy and piper..." she was fidgeting with her shirt.
"I kinda thought maybe you could... run away with me?" She said it like she was questioning herself.
Without thinking, I said "of course!"
She flinched. "Really?"
"Well, yeah"
"Well, then we better get packing" I saw an amused gleam in her eyes.
"Okay, wise girl"
She smiled.

With annabeth's invisibility, she sneaked into the camp store and took some provisions. Two backpacks than can hold just about anything, some ambrosia and nectar, some extra clothes and some darachnmas. She said she will give back the backpack and the rest of (if there's any left) darachnmas to the camp store, but I'm not sure....
Anyway, we packed up and tried not to make a sound. It was about midnight, and we hoped that no one was out. We forgot about the harpies.
They where yelling about how lucky they where. Annabeth told me to run to the camp borders, and that she will meet up with me soon. I didnt question her, I ran to the camp borders and waited and waited and waited. Finnaly, I saw annabeth, her expression was clear: run. We ran, and annabeth almost outran me, but she slowed down to help me. When we where out of the harpies range, we caught our breath.
"That.., was-" she was cut of by me kissing her. She didn't struggle or pull back, but went along with it. Her kisses tasted better that pipers, and I know because so kissed piper quite a few times. It went on for a while, until we pulled back.
"Lets set up our tent." She said drealmy.
We did, and then settled in for the night.