Chapter 4

You had just walked out of the girls locker room and into the gym expecting to see the cheer squad stretching but instead they were packing up.

You walked over to Cheryl who was standing in the middle of the gym by herself.

"Cheryl what's going on?" You asked as you approached her.

"Change of plans. River Vixen practice for today is going to be cancelled?" She sighed.

"How come?" You asked in confusion, everything seemed fine. All the girls were there, you had permission to stay after, so you didn't see a problem.

"Just some last minute personal issues that will sadly have to excuese me for the remainder of the day." Cheryl played with her hair.

"Why don't you have Veronica or Betty lead practice today, everyone is here." You insisted because you were already here and didn't want to leave cause you had no ride.

"If I were to let anyone lead a River Vixen practice it would be you, but I don't think you would be up for that." Cheryl crossed her arms over her chest.

Your stomach tightened, you hated being in charge and leading things. "Alright then I guess I'll just see you at the next practice."

Cheryl gave you a look that said "that's what I thought." As you walked away.

Not having the effort to go back into the locker room and change since practice was over you just decided to grab your bag and walk home.

You walked down the street going to grab for your phone but then you remembered it was dead and your headphones broke.

Groaning in frustration you continued to walk down the street when the wind picked up and the sky began to darken. You felt a couple drops of rain fall onto your skin.

You looked up hearing thunder rumble. Quickly you stopped dropping your bag to the ground and opening it, digging around through all your cheer things for a jacket.

Usually you always had your complimentary River Vixen jacket in your bag, but of course the one time you needed it, it wasn't there.

Suddenly rain began falling in buckets on your head soaking your uniform. Gasping you quickly zipped your bag closed and adjusted it around your shoulder and then adjusted your bookbag.

You tried to run through the rain but it was hard with your bags so you eventually gave up when your were soaked and just started walking.

Suddenly there was a loud roar of a motorcycle behind you so you quickly turned your head around in fear.

The motorcycle pulled up on the curb next to you.

"What's the princess doing walking in the rain?" You recognized the deep mocking voice almost immediately.

"Sweet pea?" You asked walking closer moving your wet hair out of your eyes.

"I thought you were at cheer practice." He said.

"It got cancelled last minute so I had to walk home and it started raining." You brushed your hands over your cold arms.

Sweet pea got off of his bike and took your cheer bag and your book bag off your shoulders.

You watched in confusion but let him take the bags. "W-what are you doing?"

He put the bags on his bike somehow and then walked back over to you. His Serpent jacket slipped off his broad shoulders and he put it around you.

You blushed when he stood in front of you putting his jacket on your shoulders.

"What-" you went to ask again but he cut you off.