Chapter 9

After the incident at Cheryl's party where you got exposed you found it hard to look Sweet pea in the eye.

You lived in fear that one of the girls had told him and he thought of you differently.

You were trying your best to avoid him at all costs for the remainder of the days.

Thankfully you had been pretty good at being by yourself and every time you saw him you kept your head down or went the other way.

Another good thing was that you weren't on crutches anymore and your ankle was mostly healed.

That Friday at the end of the day you approached your locker and opened it to find another note taped in the inside with red cursive writing.

Another note from Cheryl.

Dear (y/n),
This is a formal invitation to my pre-homecoming party. Arrive at Thistlehouse on Saturday no earlier than six o'clock. Drinks and food will be provided.
Cordially,
Cheryl

You looked over the note glad you had received one at last because the stress and anxiety had been welling up inside you at the thought of not getting invited when all your other friends did.

You shut your locker,

"Why have you been avoiding me?" The voice sounded mad.

You jumped in fear and clutched the note to your chest,

"Sweet pea." You said in shock your heart beating rapidly in your chest.

"And you got invited to Cheryl's party." He noticed the note in your hand.

"Yeah I just got it." You nodded and began to walk off.

He walked after you and fell in step next to you, "You didn't answer my question why have you been avoiding me?"

You were silent cause you didn't know what to say and you weren't just about to tell him either.

"Umm." You started and continued to walk down the hall and to the main doors.

"(Y/n)." Sweet pea pleaded and his voice sounded restrained and saddened.

You stopped in your place and looked back at him with a sympathetic expression.

"Please." He said softly and looked down at you.

"Nothing I'm sorry. Just had a bad day." You lied and shook your head.

"We can y'all more at Cheryl's party tomorrow if you want." You have a small smile trying to make up for it.

"Okay... can I at least drive you home?" He asked hopefully and his cheeks were red from the great of being turned down.

"Yeah sure." You shrugged and gave an awkward smile as you both descended across the parking lot for his bike.

And so you sat behind Sweet pea your arms wrapped tightly around his torso and your head rested against his chest. You accepted him into your arms because you couldn't resist him as much as you tried.

Finally he pulled up outside of your house and turned the bike off.

You found it hard to let go but eventually you did. There was silence as you got off the bike and stood off to the side of him.

You looked at each other in the eyes and you could see something in his but you couldn't quite figure out what it was.

"You look really beautiful." He finally tore his eyes away and looked down.