Chapter 11

You went home embarrassed and not quite sure what to do.

Sweet pea had made such a scene in front of a bunch of kids and you could tell he was really upset with the way you had treated him.

You looked over the necklace at home. Homecoming was the next day and at this point you didn't even want to go.

Cheryl said that you could go with her and Toni, Betty and Jughead, Archie and Veronica, and Fangs and his date. But it just wouldn't feel the same without Sweet pea.

It just wouldn't feel right going and having a good time if you weren't gonna be having a fun time with Sweet pea, the only one you wanted to be with.

You placed the box down on your bedside table and rolled over on your side so you could take a nap. You were gonna text Cheryl when you woke up and tell her you had the flu so you couldn't get ready for homecoming.

When you woke up it wasn't even Friday. It was around 7:15am on Saturday morning. Homecoming at Riverdale high didn't start till 7pm and it lasted till 10pm.

You looked at your phone to see you had gotten no messages. Nothing from Sweet pea or the girls. Just streaks.

You were hoping he would reach out to you and that you guys could fix it together. But you were to shy to reach out and you knew Sweet pea was too low to do it himself.

You opened up your message and went to the group chat with all of them. You knew it was bold to do but you only wanted to say it once.

You typed out your message "Hey guys. Don't think I can go tonight. Came down with a really bad flu, I can hardly keep down what I eat." And hit send.

You didn't assume to get a response so early but as time went on you heard your phone start blowing up with messages.

You opened up your phone and read the following messages after yours.

Betty: Awh I hope you feel better.

Cheryl: Liar.

Veronica: Is this about Sweet pea?

Toni: Guys he's in the chat...

Cheryl: (y/n) doesn't wanna go because her and Sweet pea had a falling out.

Archie: Or maybe she's just sick 🤷‍♀️

Cheryl: Doubtful. Very doubtful.

Veronica: Despite what's happening between you and Sweet pea (y/n/n)-kins I really think you should go.

Kevin: (y/n) is having guy problems!? 🤭

Cheryl: Don't let Sweet pea make you feel bad. Go to homecoming and have fun. Sweet pea can wallow and be a jerk all he wants. Don't let him ruin your fun.

Veronica: Exactly.

Fangs: None of this is Sweet peas fault.

Cheryl: So what you're saying is that it's (y/n)'s fault.

Fangs: I didn't say that but...

Archie: Guys stop.

Veronica: It's both of their faults.

Betty: I agree.

Sweet pea: Well I'm not going either so shut up.

You threw your phone to the other side of the room upon seeing the text message from Sweet pea.

He had read everything in the group chat, all the arguing and Cheryl's comments about him being a jerk.

Again you felt embarrassed and bad. You were slowly gaining the courage to go talk to Sweet pea but now it had vanished.