Sleepover

Sophie watched as Everglen's gates swung open to reveal Fitz waiting for her. She rushed up to him and gave him a hug. In response, he gave her a peck on the lips and laughed. 

"I'm glad you could make it, Sophie. Everyone else is waiting inside," he told her as he took her hand and led her towards the door.

When they got to the living room, she looked around at the group of people gathered there, and noticed someone was missing. "Where's Dex?" She asked, "Could he not make it?"

Biana shrugged. "He didn't hail me, so... he should be coming," she answered. As if on cue, the doorbell rang. "Oh! That must be him now!" She exclaimed as she left to go open Everglen's gates.

A few minutes later, she came back with Dex following behind her. "Sorry I'm late. The triplets were giving me a hard time," he apologized.

"That's alright, Dex!" smiled Linh, "We're just glad you could make it."

"Unlike some people," Sophie muttered.

"So, what are we going to do?" Tam wondered.

"Oooh! I can give you all makeovers!" Biana replied in a sing-songy voice.

"How about we play Base Quest, before it gets too dark," Sophie interjected before anyone could agree to her friend.

Everyone nodded their agreement as Biana glared at her. "You're not getting out of this, you know," she warned.

Ignoring her she inquired, "Okay, who's going to be on each team?"

"I call Sophie's team!" Everyone shouted at once.

"Whoa. It's nice to see that I'm wanted, but you can't all be on my team. Why don't you rock, paper, scissors for it?" She suggested.

After several minutes, Sophie ended up with Tam and Biana on her team, with Dex, Linh, and Fitz on the other. Her team won three times, and she let the other team win once, before Della called them in for dinner.

They had a vegetable that (finally) tasted like pizza, with Mallowmelt for dessert.

"Now what?" Sophie asked after they finished eating.

"Now I'm going to give you and Linh makeovers!" Biana squealed excitedly.

"Ummm..," Sophie hesitated, looking for an excuse. "I can't. I have too..." She trailed off when she saw Biana's glare. "Fiiiiine. Just nothing too fancy," she reluctantly agreed.

"Deal!" Biana cheered, dragging the other girls up the stairs. The whole time Biana was working on her, she couldn't keep her mind off of Keefe. Something was bothering him. Since when did he miss a chance to hang out with friends? Instead, he chose to stay at Candleshade, which he hates!

A few hours later, Sophie's hair was in waves, with a single braid wrapping around the front, like a headband.