Permission

"So, when Is Fitz coming over?" Sophie asked at breakfast the next morning.

"What makes you think he's coming over?" Grady challenged.

She shrugged. "Oh, you know. I just thought you might want to have that talk with him that all fathers do when their daughters get a boyfriend," she theorized.

"Half an hour," he grumbled in reply.

Half an hour later, there was a knock on the door. "I'll get it!" Sophie called.

"No, you won't," Grady told her, as he opened the door to reveal Fitz. He was dressed nicely, and had a shy smile on his face. He seemed nervous, but boy, did he look good

"Good morning, Grady," he cautioned, "Hi, Sophie!"

"Hi, Fitz!" Sophie smiled back, giving him a little wave as her heart fluttered.

"This way, please," Grady instructed him, ushering Fitz into a private room.

"Good luck," Sophie mouthed as he looked at her over his shoulder, a terrified expression on his face.

For the next few hours, Sophie waited anxiously. At some point, Edaline brought the boys some Mallowmelt, but she wouldn't say a word when Sophie asked how things were going.

Finally, the guys were finished talking. "Fitz!" Sophie jumped up when she saw him enter the room.

He grinned and gave her a big hug. "I passed! He's going to let me be your boyfriend!" He laughed, the relief evident in his voice.

"That's wonderful!" Sophie cheered, as Fitz leaned in to give her a kiss.

Grady must have been about to interrupt them, because she heard a wacking sound and Edaline scolded, "They're allowed to do that, dear. You just gave him permission, remember?"

Grady grumbled something that sounded a lot like, "I said he could date her, not kiss her," as he stalked out of the room.

"Kissing is part of dating," she informed him. "I think I'm going to leave you two alone," she winked at Sophie and Fitz, and exited the room.

The couple looked back at eachother, and Fitz finally placed his lips onto her's.

                      «««««««««««««»»»»»»»»»»»»»

On Monday morning, Sophie noticed that Keefe was nowhere to be seen during orientation. She didn't see him until lunch.

"Hey, Keefe," Sophie said, slipping into the lunch line, behind him.

"Hey, Foster. Sorry, but I've got detention today," he apologized.

"Now will you tell me what the prank was?" She sighed.

"I didn't actually get to finish it. Lady Galvin caught me with a Gullon," he scoweled, "But not before I hid one in her classroom. I hope the smell ruins her cape!"

"Serves her right," Sophie snorted. "Okay, seriously, Keefe, when are you going to tell me what the Great Gullon Incident is?" She implored.

"Now. So a few years back, someone hid several Gullons around the school. People would open cupboards, or whatever the Gullon was hidden in, and it would run out, leaving a trail of stink as it roamed around the halls. Foxfire was closed for a week! It took them that long to round up the Gullons and get rid of the smell!" explained Keefe.

"And... that someone was you?" She guessed.

"Hey! I had help!" He exclaimed as they exited the line, "I'll see you later, Foster. I've got to go to detention, now. I sure hope Lady Cadence isn't in charge. Or Lady Galvin. She'll have discovered that Gullon by now, and she'll want revenge."

"Okay. Bye, Keefe!" Sophie said, heading towards their table as Keefe headed to detention. It was then that she realized that she forgot to ask him how long he was in for. She guessed it would be for a long time.

I'm sorry this section is so short. It's not my best writing, either. I would like to thank CrisisS1002 for commenting and giving the suggestion of using Gullons for Keefe's prank.

Thank you for reading! Please vote and comment below. See you next time!