Mending

At lunch the following day, Fitz sat at the opposite end of the table from Sophie. Keefe, however, came and took his place by her side. As he had promised, he had been spending more time with his friends, and less time moping in detention. 

"Ok. Something's wrong," he declared, fanning the air with his hand, "I'm feeling some serious tension coming off of you two. What happened?"

"We...um...," Sophie hesitated.

Understanding dawned on Keefe's face, "You broke up, didn't you?"

"Yes," she admitted after a moment of silence.

"Well. Fitz, I'm here if you need a friend. And Foster," he lowered his voice, "I'm here for you, too."

"Thanks," she replied. 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

For a while, things were awkward between Sophie and Fitz. He ditched telepathy the following day, and didn't talk to her very much during morning orientation or at lunch.

The next week, when he finally did rejoin her in their telepathy session, things were still awkward. Sophie kept apologizing, which would only make Fitz more upset.

After a few weeks, things got better between them, and less awkward. They became friends again. However, their relationship still wasn't the same as it had been before they started dating. Fitz refused to bring up the fact that they had been a couple, which Sophie was completely fine with. She knew that if they talked about it, their friendship would become even more strained.

They continued work on recovering Alver's memories, and recapturing Lady Gisela and Vespera, but Fitz and Sophie needed to completely mend their friendship, so they could access their full power of cognatedom. 

Hey guys, I'm sorry this chapter sucks. I didn't know what to put between my last chapter and what's coming next, so I mostly just put in a bunch of filler stuff to show the passage of time. I promise, the next chapter is going to be good, though.

On a more positive note, FLASHBACK COMES OUT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait! I got a Barnes and Noble gift card for my birthday, and I saved it just for Flashback. So, on Saturday, we ordered the exclusive version on their website, but it's going to take a week to get here. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, November is National Novel Writing month, so after I finish this story, I'll be trying to write a novel before the month's over. I might publish it on Wattpad, but I'll probably try to get it officially published and printed, so then you'll have to buy it if you want to read it (Sorry!). I'll give you the tittle, though. It's going to be a trilogy called "The Chains of Power," and book one is called "Locket of Memories."

Thank you for reading this chapter! I'm sorry these author's notes are probably longer than the chapter itself. I know this chapter sucks, but if you could vote and comment anyways, that would be great! Thank You!