Welcome to Meadow View Share House

SinB woke up to the deep voice of her taxi driver. "We're here, ma'am."

Already..? SinB looked out the window and sure enough, it was the picture she saw on the share house website. She paid her fine to the taxi driver and they both got her bags out of the trunk of the car. She noticed how she didn't have much to carry in. Is this normal? She wondered how much luggage the other girls in her share house had on their first day there.

SinB thanked the taxi driver as he dropped her stuff by the front door of the building. She took this time to study the place. It was fairly large and modern with a nice garden in the front. She took a deep breath and rang the doorbell. A lady answered. She looked to be in her late fourties. She smiled and looked at SinB's luggage.

"Are you SinB? The new roommate?" She asked. SinB nodded, wondering if she was one of the girls she was going to be living with. "Come inside, let me help you with your bags." They went inside and the lady explained to SinB that she was the landlord and she lived on the first floor.

They carried the luggage up the stairs to the place SinB would be staying. The landlord rang the doorbell and smiled at SinB, making her feel a little less nervous. A few seconds later the door opened. Standing there was a tall skinny girl with long, brown hair.

"This is SinB, your girls' new roommate. Take care of her." The landlord put her hand on SinB shoulder before returning back downstairs. Now it was just this girl and SinB.

"Um.. Hi. I'm Sowon." They bowed to each other awkwardly. "Here, let me help you with your bags." Sowon picked up one of SinB's suitcases and brought it inside.

By the front door was a rack of shoes and on the floor was a pair of house slippers. There was a board with the house rules on it: no boys, no parties, no pets!

There was a girl siting in the living room reading a book. She had reddish-brownish hair and bangs. She looked up at SinB and smiled. She set her book down and came up to the girls. "Hi, my name's Yuju," she said, bowing to SinB. SinB introduced herself before she heard Sowon yell, "Girls! Get out here!"

Two girls emerged from two separate rooms and came to greet SinB. One of them was a tiny girl with short, black hair and bangs. The other looked younger than SinB and had light brown hair. The short one introduced herself as Eunha, the other girl introduced herself as Umji.

"Let's go show SinB her room," said Sowon. Each of the girls picked up one of SinB's bags and took it to her room. In the room was a bunk bed with a desk under it, and a regular bed with a desk beside it.

"You'll be sharing your room with Yerin-unnie," Yuju said, setting SinB's bag down.

"Where is she?" SinB asked.

"She had a job interview to go to. She should be back later." Yuju walked up to the bunk bed. "This is where you'll be sleeping, since Yerin-unnie already uses the other bed." SinB nodded.

"Follow us, we'll show you how the kitchen and bathroom work." All the girls went out to the kitchen. Sowon opened the fridge. SinB saw five baskets, each a different color.

"Each of us have our own basket. Mines the purple one, Eunha's is the blue, Yuju's is the red, Umji's is the green, and Yerin's is the pink. You can buy any basket you want, as long as it's a different color than these." Sowon walked over to the food cabinets and opened them. "If you want to buy something that doesn't go in the fridge, just put a sticky note with your name on it. We also have our own mugs that match our basket color."

SinB was feeling stressed again with all this information being thrown at her. She was kind of scared of Sowon, hearing her strict way of speaking. Is she in charge or something..?

Sowon led everyone to the bathroom where the system was basically the same: you have your own basket for your own stuff. When Sowon was done talking she turned to SinB. "We'll let you unpack your stuff now. If you need anything, let us know."

"Okay, I will. Thanks." SinB went to her room to get settled in. She looked around the room, especially Yerin's things. She had a Ryan(Kakao Friends) plush doll and a stuffed cat on her bed. Her desk was nice and organized. She had photos of her and, who SinB guessed were, her friends and family up on the wall. She wondered what Yerin was like.

After unpacking, SinB went to the store to pick up some things. She got herself food, a pair of house slippers, some yellow baskets, and a yellow mug with white polka dots.

When she got back, she took off her shoes and put on her house slippers, finally feeling a little more welcome.

All the girls sat in the living room, talking and laughing together.

"SinB, you're back! Come meet Yerin!" Eunha said.

A pretty girl with blonde hair and bangs smiled at SinB. So this is my roommate...