Unexpected Events

Yerin stopped in the middle of her story about her childhood dog when they got to the entrance of their school. SinB noticed a guy standing against the wall of the school, looking at his phone. Sehun?

Yerin noticed him too because SinB clearly saw her staring at him. "Do you know him?" SinB asked.

"Ah... Him? Well-"

The guy looked up from his phone and smiled. "Yerin!" he shouted, waving his hand above his head. He started jogging over to the girls.

"Yerin, you're here!" he said, giving the blonde girl a hug.

"Oh, honey. I didn't think you were gonna be here this early," Yerin said, smiling awkwardly.

"Well I didn't want to miss you and wait till this afternoon to see you." He glanced at SinB. "Are you going to introduce me to your friend?"

"Right. Sehun, this is my roommate, SinB. SinB, this is my boyfriend, Sehun."

SinB bowed to Sehun. "Nice to meet you. Yerin talks about you a lot, so..." SinB said, nodding uncomfortably. Is this really the guy who almost hit her?

Sehun looked at Yerin and grinned. "Awe, does she? All good things I hope!"

What's that supposed to mean?

"Well do you wanna head to class?" Sehun asked Yerin.

"Uh, sure. Will you be okay by yourself, SinB?"

"Oh yeah, don't worry about me. You guys go," SinB said, waving them away.

SinB stared as Yerin and Sehun walked away, hand in hand. She felt a hint of jealousy. She'd never badly wanted to be in a relationship until now. Why?

SinB closed the door to her house, took her sneakers off, and slipped her house shoes on. Sitting on the couch was Eunha, Umji, and Sowon.

"How was your day?" Umji asked.

"Oh, it was good. Guess who I met today?" The girls, even Sowon, looked at SinB with wide eyes. "Sehun."

The girls' mouths dropped. Yuju poked her head out of the bathroom door with a toothbrush in her mouth. "What?" she exclaimed.

SinB nodded. "Yeah, Yerin introduced me to him."

Umji frowned. "Why hasn't unnie introduced him to us yet?"

Ignoring Umji, Eunha sat up and asked, "What was he like? Was he as handsome as he in pictures?"

"He looked okay. But he's not my type," SinB said, walking to the fridge.

"Well what is your type?" Eunha asked.

SinB thought for a second. "I don't think I have one. I just want someone who loves me for me."

"Really?" Umji asked. "What about appearance? Don't you want a man with broad shoulders who can sweep you off your feet, literally?"

SinB opened the fridge and got the water out, ignoring Eunha and Umji squealing over their perfect man.

Yuju walked out of the bathroom and put her hands up. "Hey... Stop pestering her. Maybe our little SinB isn't even into guys."

The girls stared at SinB for a couple seconds before bursting out into laughter. "I was just kidding SinB," Yuju laughed, placing a hand on the younger's shoulder. SinB faked a little chuckle while she poured water into her yellow mug with a shaky hand.

SinB carefully put the water back in the fridge and picked up her mug. "I'm gonna go study," she said before scurrying into her bedroom.

She closed the door behind her and took a deep breath. She placed her hand on her pounding chest. Oh my...

After calming down a bit, SinB got her books out of her bag and sat down at her desk. She reminded herself to not fall asleep and began studying.

*brring brring*
SinB opened her eyes groggily and winced at herself. "Damn it... I fell asleep," she whispered, reaching for her ringing phone. She read the caller ID: "Auntie".

"Hi, Auntie! I was worried when you didn't call me last night. What's up?"

"Erm, how's school going?"

SinB could tell something was wrong, but she played along with whatever her aunt was doing. "It's good."

"And your roommates? Do you like them?"

"Oh yeah, they're great. Is something wrong, Auntie?"

"Well, honey, it's your father. Your mom called me today and said your dad is in the hospital. He has cancer..."

SinB could feel her heart stop beating for a second. "Oh..." was all she could say.

"I know you probably don't really care, and I wouldn't either if I was in your situation. But your mom said she wants you to visit the hospital. Your dad doesn't have a lot of time left, and she wants to be there during his final days."

"Why didn't she tell me this herself?"

"Nobody ever gave her your new phone number, dear. You may think they hate you, but they don't."

"They may not hate me, but they sure as hell don't love me."

"How about we go to the hospital together, SinB? Would that make you feel better? You need to see them at some point; it's been two years."

"Fine. I'll go with you," SinB said, without even thinking about it. "Only because it will make you feel better."

Her aunt sighed.

"Thank you, honey. I'll text you the address."

SinB walked out into the living room and put on her shoes.

"Where are you going?" Eunha asked.

"The hospital. My dad's there."

"Oh no. I hope he's okay," Eunha said with a sympathetic smile.

"Thanks."

SinB got in a taxi and headed towards the hospital her aunt told her about. On the way she wondered if she was doing the right thing. Why do they want to see me? They're the ones who always wanted me out of the house, and when I'm finally doing okay, they do this shit.

She obviously knew it wasn't her father's fault for getting cancer, but why did the universe have to make it happen right now? I was finally happy for once...

SinB payed her taxi driver and walked into the hospital. In the waiting room was her aunt and about six other people. Her aunt smiled at the receptionist before taking SinB by the hand and walking towards the elevator.

"Thank you for agreeing to this," her aunt said.

"No problem," SinB said, giving her aunt a reassuring nod.

The elevator eventually stopped on the floor SinB's dad was on. Her aunt walked by every door until she she got to, what SinB was assuming, the right one. She looked at the room number and placed her hand on the door knob. The door slowly creaked open, revealing a generic hospital room. But there was just one thing different in this hospital room: SinB 's parents were in it. The people she despised her whole life were right there, acting like they never did anything to hurt their own daughter.

SinB walked in and scanned the room. There was a couch with a blanket on it, a few bouquets here and there, and a bed. Her father lay in that bed with her mother right next to him.
______________________________

i didn't read over this, so please excuse any errors i might have made!😁