Butterflies in SinB's Stomach

SinB's day went well, besides all the thoughts she had about Yerin and Sehun. He wasn't really gonna hit her, was he? I don't know.. Maybe I saw something else. But they were arguing...

When SinB got home Yuju and Eunha were sitting in the living room.

"Is Yerin-unnie home yet?" SinB asked.

"Not yet. She usually hangs out at a cafe and studies before coming home. Why?" Eunha asked.

"Well... I just wanted to ask about her boyfriend, Sehun."

"Ah. She always talks about him, but we've never met him before. Sometimes I think he isn't real," Yuju said.

"Well I'm pretty sure I saw him before school today, and so did Yerin, but she didn't introduce us."

"Yeah, that sounds about right. She's all talk, don't worry," Yuju said, Eunha nodding in agreement.

"Oh... Okay." SinB went to her room, pulled Yerin's sunglasses out of her bag, and placed them on her desk. She took another look at the Polaroid of Yerin and Sehun. She didn't want Yerin to go through the same stuff she did.

SinB decided to lay down for a bit and rest her eyes. Before she knew it, she fell into a deep sleep.

SinB opened her eyes when she heard the door open, followed by footsteps. She looked down to see Yerin setting her bag down and crawling into bed. Soon she heard quiet sobs coming from the older. She froze, not knowing what to do.

Do I ask? No, it's not my place... But what if it was Sehun?

SinB decided to wait it out and play with her phone until Yerin stopped crying. After a few minutes SinB could hear small snores coming from the bed below hers. Cute.

SinB got out of bed and went into the living room.

Sitting on the couch was Sowon, watching TV.

"Hi, unnie. Where are the other girls?" SinB asked, making her way to the fridge to get some water.

"Studying in their rooms," Sowon said, not looking away from the TV.

"Oh. Did you already study for the night?"

"Studying really isn't my thing."

"But you're in college?"

Sowon looked up at SinB. "Well I needed some reason to get away from my parents," she said very matter-of-factly.

SinB nodded and scurried back to her room. Scary...

When she got back to her room, Yerin was sat on her bed staring at the floor.

"Are you okay?" SinB asked.

Yerin's head shot up, her eyes red and her face swollen. "Yeah, I'm good. There's just some personal stuff going on, so..."

"Ah... Well I hope it gets better," SinB said, smiling. She made her way to her desk and sat down. She opened up her laptop and started studying.

Suddenly, Yerin spoke in a hoarse voice: "Have you ever been so hurt inside that you physically feel broken?"

SinB turned to Yerin and looked at her sympathetically. "Yes. I definitely have," she replied, thinking of her parents.

Yerin looked at the floor, crying. "SinB, it hurts. It hurts so much..."

SinB sat down next to Yerin and hugged her, trying to make her feel better. She still didn't want to ask Yerin why she was crying. She knew Yerin obviously wouldn't want to tell her.

"It's okay... Whatever it is, it'll get better," SinB reassured her.

Yerin rested her head on SinB's shoulder. SinB felt something she'd never felt before. It felt like it was coming from her heart. She couldn't help but smile, even knowing the situation her roommate was in.

The girls stayed like that for a while until the oldest, Sowon, bursted through the door, making them jump. She stared at them before furiously asking who left their laundry in the washer.

Yerin kept her head down and quietly said, "It wasn't me."

"Me neither," SinB replied.

Sowon's eyes went back and forth between SinB and Yerin until she shut the door and bursted through Umji and Yuju's room, only to ask them the same question.

SinB turned to Yerin and put her hand on her shoulder. "Are you okay, unnie?"

Yerin nodded. "Yeah, I think so. Thank you for putting up with that," she said, smiling.

SinB chuckled. "Anytime."

SinB took this time to look over Yerin's features. Her pale, smooth skin contrasted with her pink lips and bright eyes. It was a shame to see her beautiful face stained with tears, her eyes red, her lips swollen. It almost made SinB want to cry. How could anyone mistreat such a wonderful person?

After SinB finally got done studying, Yuju and Eunha made dinner for all the girls. While they ate SinB kept feeling Sowon stare at her, then Yerin, then back at her. What's her problem...?

*clank*
"Shit!"

SinB jumped and looked up from her pillow. She looked around, still feeling asleep. She checked her phone for the time. It was just a few minutes before her alarm would go off, so she decided to stay awake. She looked down from her bed to see her roommate putting a cup full of pens on her desk. She guessed that was what woke her up.

Then, Yerin opened the closet and got a shirt off the hanger. She laid it out on her bed before taking her pajama shirt off. SinB could feel her face getting hot. She jumped at the sound of her alarm going off. Really? Right now?

Yerin turned towards SinB's bed in the middle of putting her shirt on. "Oh, good morning!" she said with a smile on her face.

SinB forced a grin and replied with a small "good morning". 

"So are we walking to school together again today?" Yerin asked, taking her pajama shorts off, making SinB's face feel even hotter.

SinB nodded her head and said, "sure".

Yerin slipped her skirt on and tucked her shirt into it, showing off her tiny waist. "Hey, can you help me zip this up?" she asked SinB.

"Uh, yeah. Sure," SinB replied, crawling out of bed.

SinB took hold of the zipper on Yerin's skirt and pulled it up. She noticed her hand was shaking before pulling it away and hastily announcing, "done".

Yerin sat down and began to do her hair. "You can get dressed now. I still have to do my makeup too."

"O-okay." SinB wasn't exactly comfortable getting dressed in front of Yerin, but she wasn't gonna let that show. She went over to the closet and out got a pair of jeans and a shirt.

SinB began taking off her pajamas, but got distracted by Yerin doing her hair. Her slim fingers intricately braided her long blonde hair to the side.

Yerin noticed SinB and smiled. "What?" She asked, giggling.

"Nothing," SinB said, proceeding to put her pants on and French tuck her shirt into them.

After both girls got dressed they headed out the door, off to college.