Chapter 8

Once again traveling in the lanes between thins started to look the same, go in fix problems find nothing leave, they started to annoy Aqua and Nato because they have gone to several worlds only to find them in 1 world but not having a chance to do thing right but only to make things worse...
But now with some news going around about Terra and Ven spreading light around the worlds, like for example, 626 found friends and made a Wayfinder...
These were just moment of bad luck that they don't see them, but they do arrive to good news when they know they have been around.
Now they spotted a new world, one with Fountains and mountains on it with a vast ocean and on the side a red ship, maybe it was a pirate?
They decided to take a look because Terra and Ven could have been anywhere.
On arrival Aqua and Nato were surrounded by Indian huts, but no Indians as if the place was abandoned, they looked around a bit but saw nothing of interest and no one that could help.
"Strange." Nato implied.
"Hey what's this?" Aqua called out to Nato telling him about something of interest as she bent over to pick up a piece of paper and 2 boys dressed in animal costumes started to pout.
"We were so close." The boy in the Fox costume said.
Nato walked over to her and saw the kids.
"Too bad, men. Tough break." A random voice came from above.
"Put Pan!"The boys called out as this man dressed in green tights and a santa elf looking work hat and red hair color landed on the floor.
"No buts." He said. "You know the rules."
"I think we found what they wanted." Nato whispered over to Aqua.
"Ya think?" She whispered back.
"The first one to find and claim the treasure map..." The man in green started to explain. "gets to be the leader. And that's you." He said approaching Aqua.
"Leader?" Aqua questioned.
"Well Aqua here was always full of leader ship." Nato said getting behind her and grabbing her shoulders pushing her a little forward.
"Nato don't encourage them!" She whispered at him.
"Think of this as off duty work, you know to take a breather, within an hour we be flying at of here like it was no one's business." Nato explained massaging her shoulder because she was a bit tense with all the fighting going on in all the other worlds.
Aqua smiled at him and nodded in agreement.
"Well that's great because you are the leader of the expatiation!" The boy in the fox suit said.
"Uhh, we're goin' on a treasure hunt. And that's our map you got!" The boy in the bear suit added.
Out of nowhere a dazzling light came from above to revealed to be a fairy! It approached Pan with a temper on her face.
"Whaddaya mean?" He asked the fairy. "I never said girls can't be part of the gang. C'mon, Tink, the more the merrier!"
So what are ya folks names?" Nato asked with some enthusiasm.
"Well, I'm Peter Pan." He the man in the green tights said. "That's Slightly!"
The boy in the fox replied with a hi directly responding to his name.
"And that's Cubby." Peter continued as Cubby too replied with a hi.
"And this here is Tinker Bell!" He said presenting the fairy in his hand, the fair crossed her arms.
"It's nice to meet you all" Aqua and Nat replied.
"My name is Nato, and this is Aqua." He replied to them.
"Oh so you're Aqua and Nato." Peter said flying around a bit.
Aqua was concentrated on the map and eventually she lifted her finger up.
"As far as I can tell, we're here." She said pointing where they are on the map. "And this mark here is where we'll find the treasure."
"Enough pointin'. C'mon. Let's go!" Slightly interrupted.
"Alright men! Now, first stop—Mermaid Lagoon!" He said as he flew off and everyone else followed.
Peter was waiting as the small area that seemed it was connected to a river of some sort ut the water was very calm and shallow, it only reach the ankles of everyone as they walked across the water and into small steps of land and reached to the other side to reach a exit point, from there on they saw a small dead tree that stood out of the ground, it had many holes in it and Peter Explained that, this tree and the underground system it had, was their home and hideout.
They walked past it and they made it to the side of the island where it was a cliff like where with a small drop to the water but over looked the sea but disturbing the actual full view were rocks in odd formations that seemed to barricade this side of the island.
A voice yelled at them. "I have you now, Peter Pan!"
They looked over to where the voice was and it revelaed to be a man beynd his 40's and wearing a red long coat and a silly looking purple hat with a giant feather sticking out of it he also had hair as long as a woman's, in the color of jet and had a ever s thin mustache.
"Today's the day I shall be rid of you forever!" He continued on swaying his missing hand replaced with a hook, around.
"I'm busy right now, Hook. We're on an expatition!" Peter yelled back at him like this was all a game to him. "Can't I show you up some other day?"
"You'll show me up now! Give back me treasure!" he said angered like while spazzing out too.
"Who's that?" Aqua asked the group.
"Aw, that's just Captain Hook. He's a two-bit pirate codfish." Pan said.
"I'll cleave you into two bits, boy!" The Pirate threatened. "Smee!" He called out.
"Smee?" Aqua asked.
"Don't look at me, I don't know any Smee." Nato replied.
The Pirate ran off right before a loud whistling sound accrued. Everyone looked around for what it was and an explosion accrued behind them.
"Ahhh!" They all yelled.
"We're sitting ducks out here. Run!" Aqua yelled as they all began to run for cover as more cannon balls dropped.
Everyone ran for their dear lives, explosion after explosion they made it to an area were there weren't any cover from the sea, it was a wide open area, a shooting gallery for the Pirates.
"Keep On running!" Nato yelled out as he ran along with Aqua.
"No Kidding!" Aqua replied.
They continued to run ad not only they ran from fear of getting blown to bits, they also felt a dark presence, and it was not coming from the Captain who ordered the cannons to fire, they eventually got out of the line of fire and made it to safety.
After a quick breather, the Lost Boys advanced on ahead and they just eventually looked up... oddly for a long time.
Aqua looked over to Nato and back to the boys.
"What are they looking at?" She asked.
"Maybe the treasure?" He replied.
"I don't think so." Aqua replied as she walked over to the boys finally catching her breathe and Nato was too far behind.
"What is it?" She asked the boys.
"The mark on the map points all the way up there." Cubby replied.
"Told you." Nato said playfully rubbing it in.
"Oh be quite you." Aqua replied slapping his shoulder gently.
"Aww, relax." Peter said flying above their heads. "A little pixie dust, and we'll be there in a jiffy."
"But... we've never had to flied that high before!" Cuddle wind.
"What if we fall?" Slightly added to their fears.
"Hey, when did you two turn into cowards?" Peter asked waving his arms around.
"Don't you think you're asking a bit to much from them?" Aqua asked agreeing with the boys.
"Aqua is right, their just children." Nato added.
"This is between me and them." Pan snarled back at them.
Nat was slightly ticked off and almost approached Peter but Aqua stopped him by quickly grabbing his hand, he turned to her, and she shook her head, in a way, telling him not to do it.
"Men, only the bravest of the brave can claim that treasure." Pan said encouraging the boys.
"Yeah, we know..." Cuddle said as if he and his friend heard it a billion times before.
"Tink, if you would." Pan said as if the routine was usual.
The fairy crossed her arms and turned the other direction.
"We haven't got all Day!" Pan said as he himself was bit ticked off by the stubborn fairy.
The fairy sighed and the flew off the small crowd and poured Pixie dust all over them, not to soon after, the lost boys started swimming in the air, as they flew off high above the mountain.
Aqua started t float but upside down. "Uhm, a lil help?" Aqua asked as she was sweating a bit.
"Sure I got ya." Nato replied flying to her and setting her straight but then he too started to flying upside down.
"This is not cool." Nato said flying in circles now next to Aqua as she giggled.
"Don't worry, I got you." She sad turning him back into place as he did to her.
They both soon got the hang of it as they go to the top of the mountain as soon after they flew like the Lost Boys did, a little silly but allot faster, bumping into mountain walls and the fears of flying of cliff happened but they were dealt with easily, as soon as the dust wore off, they arrived to... the same place they started?!
"Hey, aren't we back where we started?" Aqua asked.
"Some treasure map, we found..." Nato added.
"You mean we went all the way around Never Land for nothin'?" Slightly complained in great disappointment.
"Well, ya conquered all sorts of obstacles to get here." Peter said walking besides them. "And to me, that's certainly not nothin'."
"You know, I had you all wrong." Aqua said.
"Yeah I did too." Nato added.
"You were just looking out for them back there. Being a good leader." Aqua added.
"Yeah, of course I was." Peter said with pride.
'Talk about allot of pride.' Aqua thought to herself.
"You're too late, Peter Pan!" A greedy like voice shouted.
"I'll be taking what's mine now" Turns out the voice was no other than Captain Hook.
And next to Hook was his side kick, Mr. Smee, sitting next to the chest.
"It's Hook!" Peter replied.
"Smee, secure me treasure." The captain ordered.
"Aye-Aye, Cap'n." he replied he replied as he opened the chest to release a ghastly cry.
"What is it now?" Hook asked him.
"C-Cap'n, it's the treasure. It's b-been..." he couldn't finish his sentence out of nervousness and other than the fact Hook was yelling at him.
Spit it out, you idiot!" He demanded as he leaned over to see himself and he too gaps.
"Odd's fish! It's all junk!" He cried out as he stared into a chest full of wooden swords of all types.
"Whaddya mean, junk? Those are out treasures, Hook!" Peter cried out to him.
"But what did you do with MY treasure?" He yelled back demanding answers.
"Oh, we losted it all." Cuddle replied.
"You what!?" Hook said enraged."You scurvy brats have crossed me for the last time!"
A sudden tic, tock, tick, tock, caught the Captain's attention as he mustache oddly enough jumped to the beat of this clock like sound and looked around for its source a bit frightened.
A gator nearby was sitting in the water staring upon Hook, and gazed at him with eyes that said 'lunch.'
"Not you again!" He yelled at the croc. "No, get away from me! Smee! Do something!" He cried out like a child.
"Smmmmeeeeeee!" Was all Hook yelled as he flew off running from his fear.
"Wait! Cap'n!" Smee cried out running right behind him.
Everyone laughed out loud as held onto their stomachs as they laughed even harder seeing how embarrassing this was for Hook.
After a while to settle down and wipe their tears off their eyes from laughter they finally retrieved the chest and put it down on the floor. They opened it it to see all the wooden swords, Peter and his friends put in earlier.
Aqua noticed something strange right away and noticed Terra's wooden Keyblade that he gave to Ventus a couple years ago, she pulled it out of the chest and gazed at it. "Is this..." She began.
"Oh, Ventus left that here. I guess it's a special keepsake or somethin'." Peter replied. "but don't worry about him. He said he would be all right without it. And then he promised to visit us again with a even better treasures— maybe enough to fill a hundred chests." He finished swaying his arms around excited.
"Ven... he was here..." Aqua said under her breath.
"And probably some company too..." Nato said as they both looked into the direction they came from.
"What's the matter?" Cuddle asked.
"It's something that came to mind..." Nato told them.
"It's best for you to stay here." Aqua added.
Peter and the Boys just looked at each other with the looks of 'What are they talking about?'.
Aqua and Nato ran up hill and ran across the Indian Camp looking between tents to tent they didn't find who they wanted to find but a sudden voice made them stop running any further.
"So, have a good time hanging with the kiddies?"
They turned around to see Vanitas with his Keyblade in hand approaching them.
"You two had no idea what you were running into." Another voce said from behind as Nato turned around he saw Necro with a Keyblade in hand too.
Aqua took a closer look and Necro teleported next to Vanitas, Nato turned around and saw what Aqua was seeing, Ventus's wooden Keyblade was in their hands.
"How'd you get that?" Aqua asked.
"The kid is a little too old to be playing with toys..." Necro commented.
"Yeah, you're right; I think that kid's outgrown playing with childish toys such as these." Vanitas said as he held the wooden Keyblade to his face and snapped into two like a twig. "If you ask my opinion." He finished off.
Aqua and Nato gasped.
"Just like I've outgrown my need for you." He said as he finally spawned his own.
"Sorry 'Keyblade Master' but you're not such of a good practice dummy yourself anymore." Necro said summoning his Keyblade in a surge of darkness.
"You freaks!" Aqua snared at them as she pulled out her Keyblade in a flash of light.
"Monsters!" Nato added as he summoned his in a surge of light.
Nato rushed at Necro and Vanitas to Aqua.
"Suffer!" Vanitas yelled as he jumped into the air and slashed his Keyblade in the wind releasing 5 dark possessed lightning bolts flying at light speed to Aqua but lucky enough she dodged out of harm's way.
Necro launched fire balls from his Keyblade to Nato but Nato deflected them with some ice shards that too were thrown.
"Submit!" Necro yelled out as he lunged towards Nato with his Keyblade engulfed in darkness.
Nato merely dodged his attack and successfully slashed at him.
Aqua jumped over Vanitas and swung her Keyblade to his mask and he sent him flying across the cliff.
"Raah!" he yelled as he almost fell off the high cliff leading to the ocean.
Vanitas got up but before he could Aqua kicked his mask making him fall over.
Nato and Necro got into a deadly Keyblade clash again as they connected metal with metal and became into a fierce duel of the fates, with powerful slashes and great distance lunges they accidently destroyed some Indian tens and they were soon out of sight because they accidently started to walk and fight downhill.
Vanitas got up and managed to dodge a Keyblade strike that could have ended him; he managed to get up holding onto his mask since he was a bit dizzy for the kick and Keyheld stance and evaded another stroke from Aqua.
Aqua soon got into a deadly Keyblade clash too and it became into a fight to the death between the two, clash after clash, Aqua saw an opening to end Vanitas once and for all and she took it, she tripped him and Vanitas flew up into the air being knocked over and she struck the Keyblade at him with great force and she sent him flying. Vanitas's Keyblade went sky high and he passed out n the floor and the Keyblade came back to the ground in a distance.
Necro grabbed Nato by the shirt and lifted him up and brought him up, about to strike the Keyblade in his chest, Nato punched his face one, then twice. Necro let go grasping his face in pain, Nato came with his Keyblade and he swung it at him with great force knocking him off to the side in great distance and he hit the rocks which sort of collapsed on him the smoke covered everything up and Nato ran back to Aqua.
Aqua dropped to her knees and breathed ever so heavily.
"Aqua!" Nato yelled as he assisted Aqua in getting up.
"I- I'm... fine... Nato..." he said looking over to him, tired, exhausted, but she still smiled as she felt accomplished by ending the menace. "But I've done it... he's... finally... finished..."
"So... is his... partner..." Nato added.
"That's great..." She replied smiling and went limped over to a nearby box that wasn't harmed during the fight.
"Ven, Terra... you can rest easy." They both said as they sat down against the box.
Aqua crawled up to Nato's chest and placed her head there and they both gazed at the ocean of the World they are in.
Crystal blue, shinning... no clouds in sight... it was a perfect sight, very soothing, very relaxing... which is what our hero's needed to recover.
They both gazed at it till they passed out.
--
Looking at Nato, Terra and ven argue, Aqua was sitting down on the edge of the cliff.
"You're too young to know now." Nato Said telling Ven he couldn't know f the worlds beyond his own home.
"Quit treating me like a kid." Ven yelled back at them.
She giggled all of a sudden getting all of the guy's attention.
"Hey, what are you laughing at?" Nato asked.
"I can't help it. You three would make the weirdest brother." Laughed out Aqua.
"Huh?" All the guys asked as they looked at her questionably, but they all went into sudden laughter, laughing the night away...
--
"Aqua! Nato! Aqua! Nato!" A familiar voice called to him ever so faint but then the name calling grew louder and louder.
Aqua and Nato opened their eyes and saw Peter Pan calling their names. "Are you all right?" he asked. "What happened?"
"We're fine." Aqua said as Nato woke up too and helped her up.
"Oh no! Look at Ven's treasure!" Peter said as he looked over to see the wooden Keyblade Destroyed.
"It's okay, Peter." Aqua started. "Whatever it is that binds us together isn't going to break so easily, and that's our real treasure." Aqua said walking towards the broken object.
"I think Ventus knew that. That's why he left this behind." Nato added as Aqua picked up the pieces.
"You all must be really be close." Peter said. "And that's somethin' pretty special. You, Nato, Ventus...and Terra, was it?
"One day you should all come back!" he offered with a smile.
"We'd like that." Aqua said holding hands with Nato.
After some time they said their good byes once more and flew off into the lanes in Between in their armor like usual.
Aqua took lead and Nato was only a couple feet behind looking for yet another world to try again to find Terra and Ventus.
"What's that light?" Aqua asked looking directly up ahead.
"What was that, Aqua?" Nato asked as he looked back to Aqua and noticed she was gone. "Auqa? Aqua!?" He called out as he realized she was nowhere in sight.
"Master Nato, come quickly to my tower you must be informed." A vice called to Nato.
"B-But what about Aqua?!" Nato asked the voice under his helmet.
"She'll arrive shortly." The voice called back to him sounding somewhat familiar.
Nato flew off deeper into the Lanes in Between and arrived at a Mysterious looking Tower, Nato de-summoned his armor and ride and entered the tower and made it to the top floor. When Nato arrived at the top floor he met no one other than Master Yen Sid sitting in his grand chair .
"Master Yen Sid, it is an honor." He said bowing his head before the Master.
"I must inform you of grave news." Yen Sid began and Nato brought his head back up. "Master Eraqus's star has blinked out."
'W- What do you mean blinked out? He's not..." Nato couldn't finish the sentence because he couldn't let his mind think so dark.
Master Yen Sid nodded in his thoughts.
"No, he can't! He just can't be gone!" Nato groaned in disagreement.
"Who can't me gone?" Aqua asked as she walked in with Mickey in her hands.
"The Master..." Nato replied.
Aqua let down Mickey onto the floor so he can rest and Donald and Goofy quickly surrounded and they called his name to see if he wakes up.
Aqua held her mouth with her hands and gasped a bit.
"The Master?!" Aqua cried out. "Who is responsible?" She asked.
Yen Sid looked down and closed his eyes and thought for a moment and looked out a star shaped window to see the answer he seeks along with the others.
"Master Xehanort" He replied but he wasn't done yet. "and Terra."
Both Aqua and Nato gasped but only Aqua shook her head and Nato landed his fist on the table and Aqua did so too.
"NO!" They both yelled.
"That's absurd!" She yelled back at him.
"It can't be the truth!" Nat added.
"Terra would never!" Aqua finished.
"I hope with all my heart that you are right about your friend." Yen Sid said. "There are some things even the stars cannot tell me."
"Where is he?" They asked. "Were can we find Terra?" Aqua had great sorrow in her voice and Nato tone of voice was just cold.
"Terra's heart is leading him to the ancient Keyblade Graveyard, where wielders of those weapons once waged war." Yen Sid explained.
"All right." Aqua replied. "We have to go after him..."
"And see if it's true." Nato finished.
As they walked off Master Yen Sid told them some advice. "Be on your guard.
They nodded and left.
As soon as they departed in their armor heading for the ancient Keyblade graveyard they looked angered, disturbed... and filled with sorrow.
"Terra, Ven... please just be safe." Aqua whispered to herself and Nato looked over to her and nodded. "Nato and I will find a way to get you out of this."