Chapter 9

Not a moment a later, Aqua and Nato arrived at the Keyblade Graveyard, landing in the Grand Canyon looking place.
Mountains reaching the skies above and walks of rock tall like buildings, the sun set on this abandoned land, as the two Keyblade Warriors walked to the edge as it called to them in their minds... just to stand there and take a moment of silence.
Aqua summoned her Keyblade in a surge of light as it materialized in her hand.
"The three of us will always be one." She said looking out in the vast space ahead.
Nato summoned his Keyblade in a flash of light too as he appeared in his hand.
"Now... and forever." He added.
Aqua nodded and started to walk off but something stopped her in her tracks.
What stopped her has a hand around her wrist, she looked back and saw Nato looking down, hair covering eyes, some drops of tears escaping him.
"Nato, w-what's wrong?" She said coming back to him.
He looked up and the tears were fading away.
"Remember that promise... that I wanted to keep to you?" He asked.
"W-which one?" She asked.
"The one where I promised this would all be over soon."
"Yes, I remember that."
"Something... in my heart... tells me, after this encounter... whatever is in there... this would be long before over." He explained as he held his right hand to his heart.
Aqua looked at him like if he was a child and placed her hand on his face making him face her.
"Nato, I have faith in you, I know we'll all come out fine in the end."
"Yeah you're right. No regrets right?"
"Yeah." Aqua somewhat giggled out. She looked down and then back to Nato. "I want to do one thing, I might regret not doing if something does happen." She said looking at him.
"Hm? What is it?" He asked looking back at her.
Aqua leaned closer towards Nato and kissed him on the lips, she slowly wrapped her arms around his neck bringing him closer to her. Nato in the other hand was caught off guard, but he agreed with the moment and he too kissed Aqua, he slowly wrapped his arms around her waist bringing her closer too.
The moment they pulled apart their eyes were shinning like the night sky, cheeks red like fire, surprised at each other, they finally smiled.
"Aqua." Nato called to her.
"Yes, Nato?"
"I love you." He replied holding her hand.
"I love you too." She said holding their hands slightly tighter.
They both walked in the same direction, past a small naturally formed bridge leading to an area what holds battle scars of previous battles and an arc at the very end lead to what seems a hidden haven for the warriors of the past, and then a tunnel on the far side of it, beaming with light.
They approached the tunnel and traveled on through, once at the end, the light was revealed to be the sunset they saw earlier and they saw a failed with Keyblades that goes on for miles and miles, even some Keyblade were jabbed against the wall of the tunnel on the outside surface.
They walked in the same direction for miles on ahead and they made it to the Epicenter, where they found Terra.
There was a moment of silence and everyone's head was looking down to the ground. "We were told... the Master was struck down." Aqua was the 1st to say anything.
Terra stuttered in his voice, he couldn't look at anyone in the eye.
"Yes... that's right." Terra replied. "I was stupid and helped Xehanort do it."
"Explain Yourself." Nato somewhat growled at him.
In a pitiful tone he spoke again. "The Master—he tried to hurt Ven. I only fought because I wanted to protect him." He explained.
Aqua and Nato sighed.
"But I was tricked. Xehanort set the whole thing up—Also he could awaken the darkness inside me." He finished explaining.
"You were right, Aqua... Nato—and so was the Master. I did need to be watched. I went astray—but no more."
Nato stood in silence as he had nothing more to say to Terra.
"What else is darkness but hate and rage?" Aqua asked in great sorrow. "Xehanort is feeding the dark fires within you—making you fight. You'll go astray again. Tell me—how does that honor our Master's memory, Terra?"
Terra looked over to the side in pain and he saw Ventus approaching them.
Ventus walked to them with such a serious look on his face... But his eyes were filled with sadness and fear.
"Xehanort wants me and Vanitas to fight, and make some kind of 'X-Blade'" Ventus explained. "But the Master said we can't let that happen... and he tried to destroy me for it."
"X-blade?" Aqua asked in surprise.
"I still don't know exactly what it is. But...it scares me to death. Even just the thought of it." Ventus finished placing his hand over his heart.
"Relax,Ven. We're here and we're gonna take care of you." Terra said placing his hand on his shoulder.
Aqua and Nato approached Ven too.
"I may have to fight Vanitas after all." Ven added. "if I do, guys... I want you too-
"The four of us can never be torn apart, all right?" Terra said interrupting Ventus. "I'll always find a way."
Aqua placed her hand on Ven's face trying to cheer him up and even Nato messed up Ventus's hair a bit leaving his hand on his head.
"I'm asking you, as a friend..." Ven started removing their hands from him. "Just... put an end to me."
They all gasped under their breath shocked that the little kid they know for years, filled with light and radiant, now wanting an end to him.
A sudden wind rushed in with light debris and slightly tougher winds as they all looked in that direction to see no one other than Master Xehanort and his apprentices, Vanitas, all this time he wore a black dome mask that covered his identity, could he possibly reveal his mask in this encounter as all of Xehnaorts plans are revealed.
They both walked towards the Epic Center of the Graveyard but stopped about 50 feet plus from them.
The old man looked at them with a blank face, he gestured his arm resenting the graveyard. "Behold..." He started out. "These lifeless keys used to be full of power— united with the hearts of their masters. On this barren soil, Keyblades of light and darkness were locked in combat... as a great Keyblade War raged." He speeches gesturing both his arms wide open representing that the War he talked about he bigger than any event that has ever existed.
"Countless Keyblade wielders gave up their lives, all in search of one, ultimate key. And it will soon belong to me... X-blade." He finally finished as he pointed directly at Ventus.
Aqua, Nato, Terra and Ventus grunted at him as they all summoned their armor to fight in combat, Ventus was the 1st to move but Terra pulled him back and he went running to them 1st.
Xehanort was able to move the ground itself and he made a towering rock appeared under Terra sending him up like a rocket up to the skies like a rock, the freshly made mountain stopped growing and Terra landed on it, Seeing Xehanort no more than 10 feet away from him he tried getting up again and he rushed as him but couldn't catch him since the old man made his platform rise high above the one Terra was on and almost touched the clouds from above.
The clouds darkened to the chaos and rage that was accruing around them and the sky from red-orange sunset to light blue sky, dark and gloomy.
Xehanort from his mountain he created he waved his fingers around causing wind to gather around the Keyblades that were on the floor and they swirled into a tornado of sharp, lifeless Keyblades.
Thos Tornado went sky rocketing up into the sky and made a u-turn to the ground and Aqua saw it coming right towards them. Aqua tagged Nato for his attention and they both set of running.
"Ven!" Aqua called to Ventus alarming him too and Vanitas was running to catch this tornado and rode he rode one of the Keyblade as a surfboard.
Ventus ran too soon and the tornado hit him and Vanitas riding right up front he circled the mountain his master created and rose to where Terra was to knock him off the mountain he was once on. Ventus was able to get up and he ran off.
Aqua and Nato felt rumbling under them and they looked down to see the cause of it but then a sudden burst of Keyblade came from under them and sent them sky rocketing and they fell upon the ground leaving a small crater of their size on the floor.
Ventus ran to check if they were safe. "Aqua! Nato!" He called to them as they got up onto their feet, revealing that their masks were destroyed on the impact.
"Terra!" Aqua yelled as she casted Magic from her Keyblade that sent shooting upwards and the magic found Terra shielding him from the tornado of Keyblade that was dealing serious damage to him.
The Shield protected him for a small limit of time as the shield destroyed the wind gather the keys and suddenly exploded right in front of a chuckling Xehanort.
Aqua and Nato were breathing heavily and Ventus ran off to go check on is friend.
Terra landed on the same platform as Xehanort was on and he drew his dark possessed Keyblade and held battle position.
Ventus came battle yelling from behind and jumped behind Xehanort to strike at him but the old man Teleported away!
Xehanort re-appeared in a blink of an eye behind Ventus, grabbing his head, carrying him into the air and squeezing, breaking the armor little by little torturing the boy.
"Ven!" Terra yelled as he got u and tried rushing at the Old man again as he tried before and a 2nd tornado of Keyblade struck at him at lightning speed knocking him off the platform and sending him down in great speed letting all the Keyblades hit him 1 by 1.
Aqua finally recovered from her impact along with Nato and they both looked up to the towering rock and saw Xehanort squeezing the life out of Ven as he was struggling to break free.
Aqua gasped at the sight, shuddered and remain still as fear took control of her. "ven!" She finally spoke out.
"Ven! No!" Nato yelled as he reached his hand in the direction know he coulndn't reach his hand became into a fist.
Xehanort from the mountain froze Ventus, converting Ven into a skin of ice and dropping him off the cliff.
Falling off great distance, the boy broke his mask and luckily not his head on a rock sticking out of place from the mountain and Aqua caught him without a moment to spare and started to slide due to the speed he was coming in, she held him so his head wouldn't touch the ground. "Ven, are you okay?" She asked in great worrying and saw him breathing and moving his eyes. Nato came running to them as saw Ven was frozen.
Xehanort sent an orb of darkness to the clouds just a couple hundred feet above him and it cleared an area in the clouds revealing a blue moon in a shape of a heart.
"How 'bout you leave the popsicle with me," A sudden voice called over to Aqua and Nato. "so you can go have your little fight with Terra." The voice revealed to be one of Xehanort's assistance in this entire plan. They have finally acknowledged him and stared him down. "You can't be too happy about him deep-sixing your Master."
"Who are you?" Aqua asked.
"You think you two have got some grand role to play." The man continued , the man wore a uniform guards would wear at Radiant Garden hence the symbol it had and he wore a red handkerchief and he had a scar on his left cheek and an eye patched in his right eyes. "As if. You're only here so that when I finish you off... Terra will succumb to the darkness."
"So... who wants to go first?" he finally finished explaining.
Ventus getting a better grip on himself from the ice he looked at the man with the angriest look he ever had on his face. "Shut up!" He yelled at him shivering.
"Oooh, so this kiddo thinks he's a full-fledged Keyblade Wielder? He's got the angry look down."
"I'll tell you who he is, a hostile." Nato said summing his Keyblade.
"Go ahead if you want to waste your time. Keep trying to drive us apart with your mind games. It'll never work!" Aqua yelled at him as she laid Ventus down on the floor and stood next to Nato and summoned her Keyblade.
"Terra will prove to you he's stronger!" Aqua yelled out again.
"He still has light in him!" Nato added.
Aqua and Nato rushed out at the man and he jumped around a bit as if he had no gravity once so ever.
He teleported away! But he had a dark aura following hi which exposed his position but it did move at super human speed, he re-appeared from the shadows and shit his weapons at them, pink crystal needles flew towards Aqua and Nato and they managed to block most of the rounds with their Keyblade taking some damage onto their suits of armor. He again teleported but re-appeared running around them yelling: "Take this!" As he circled quickly around them shooting them. This time they didn't see it coming the needles exploding on them on impact to their armor.
He teleported away once again and floated in their air opening a portal under his feet and shooting directly at it. "It was nice knowing ya!" He commented as more portals opened and shot out the needles he shot in the portal under him and these Needles were more powerful since they rushed quicker at th hero's in a dark and powerful dark aura.
Nat blocked them off and protected Aqua from the harm.
Aqua pointed her Keyblade at the man and yelled: "Freeze!" As she shot 3 ice shards from her Keyblade and it hit they guy disturbing his concentration of the portals.
He fell on to the ground and Nato rushed at him, the man was on the floor backing off and he kicked away Nato's Keyblade and tripped Nato on his feet.
Aqua rushed at him and hit him with his Keyblade with great force slamming him against the mountain Xehanort created.
He ripped away from the wall and re-connected back with the wall as he didn't see Nato's fist coming to his face.
He kicked Nato off of him and he went back a good distance. Nato picked up his Keyblade againand helb battle defense with Aqua.
He jumped away from the wall and got a distance from them. Breathing heavily he still smirked.
"I keep forgetting—don't mess with Keyblade wielders. But you know what? That just means I made the right Choice!" he said as he smirked again still breathing a bit heavy.
Aqua and Nato rushed at him again.
"Well...he wanted me to buy time, and I'd say he got it." He said under his breath as he ran off.
"What the?" Nato asked as he saw the man run off and they both got a sudden thought to their head. "Ven!" They both yelled as they thought he was in trouble but they saw him still frozen in his, but he was moving allot more than he was before.
Grunting trying his entire best to break free from the ice, Nato ran to him to help him.
"Aqua!" He yelled as Nato got to him and they both saw Vanitas coming down with great speed and force with Keyblade in hand and he slammed the Keyblade against Aqua as he came down.
"AAH!" Aqua yelled as she was struck down by Vanitas's hand and he fell upon the floor out cold.
"NNNNOOOO!"Nato yelled as he got up and rushed towards Vanitas stopping him from taking Aqua's heart.
He clashed Keyblades with the masked boy and stared at his mask with eyes filled with hatred.
"Vanitas! You WILL pay for what You've Done! Your Survival is futile!" Nato yelled at him with rage in his voice.
A sudden shadow tackled Nato away from Vanitas and sent him with this shadow within a great distance from the battle.
The Shadow suddenly stopped and Nato slid across the ground jumping and rolling n it till he finally stopped and got up. Nato got up and he saw a man with snow pale skin, yellow eyes and dressed in black along with charcoaled colored hair in pieces.
"Necro!" Nato yelled at the him.
"Aww, I missed you too." Necro replied in a serious tone.
"Necro, I swear if I fight you and go back to find anyone one dead, I WILL hunt you down through ALL the worlds! And reveal your heart to the light!"
"Strong words for someone who's weak, Nato, YOUR survival is futile." Necro said summoning his Keyblade in a surge of great darkness.
"No Necro, your survival is FUTILE!"
They clashed Keyblade again such as they did the very 1st time when they did in Radiant Garden.
Clank after clank sparks flew from the Keyblade, slashes were given, but no hits were taken by both proud warriors of light and dark.
Both of them didn't dare to use magic since they didn't actually lay a hit on each other with their Keyblades.
Leaving battle scares on the floor they both fought with honor and power, what they are doing know has to be the most violent Keyblade clashing ever recorded in history in a 1 on 1 fight, Rage burned in Nato's eyes swirled in Darkness.
"Once I kill you and Vanitas and Xehanort finish off your friends, I'll be the one to put your friends out of their misery."
"I will not let you do that! My friends have more power in their heart than you in a life time!" nato snarled back at him clashing Keyblades with Necro again and again.
"We shall see about that." Necro replied.
"Over my dead Body!" Nato too replied making a strong collision with Necro's blade.
"That can be arranged." Necro commented meeting face to face with him behind the Keys.
A sudden explosion was heard and the 2 got separated from each other and they saw where the main battle was taking place and at the bottom region of the rock they saw a light, blasting lazers everywhere and creating such shock waves and vibration throughout the ground.
Necro pulled back with his Keyblade and stood in silence.
Nato was very confused.
"Go." Necro said. "You have friends waiting."
"I don't understand." Nat replied.
"We'll meet another day..." He said as he turned around. "I know it." He said as he walked up in between Keyblade and disappeared from sight.
Nato shook his head and ran off to the Battle, running as fast as he still saw this explosion accruing and he could see Aqua trying to reach for Ven who was out cold on the floor and he saw Mickey with her too.
Within the explosion the X-Blade dissolved and the explosion created more of a shock wave blwoing Ventus away.
Aqua went after Ventus flying in the air and she jumped up high after him, she couldn't reach him although she was only just a ever so few inches away from his hand.
She felt someone grabbed her waist and when he turned around she saw Nato trying to give her a boost, she tossed her to few inches she needed and finally grabbed Ventus's hand. The explosion finally started to spread out and it caught everyone in the blast.
Everything went dark