Chapter One: Beginning

Soundwave slowly walked through the forest surrounding him, the trees were thin and a lot taller than him and would surely hide him well from any humans if he came across any, it was also very dark and misty which he enjoyed immensely, the sound of crickets chirping was loud and all he could hear with the exception of his near silent footsteps whenever he took a step forward. Soundwave scanned the area around him, he was searching for a Cybertronian escape pod that had entered the atmosphere but it was proving difficult to locate thanks to all the mist surrounding him.

A loud chirp from Laserbeak had Soundwave turn in the direction of the his minicon, Laserbeak chirped again and flew off in the opposite direction, Soundwave followed him slowly intrigued by the minicons actions. Once Soundwave had entered the clearing Laserbeak had lead him to he spotted the escape pod and sent a silent ping to Laserbeak telling him he had done well locating the pod. Soundwave walked over to it and ripped off the already broken pod door, the Cybertronian inside was dead, had been for a while by the looks of it, he appeared to be a Decepticon from the symbol on his chassis but not one Soundwave recognized, with a slight shake of his helm Soundwave walked away from the pod, he would have to tell Megatron what he found when he returned to the nemesis. Soundwave kept walking away from the pod, he could've just transformed and flown back to the warship but he rarely got time away from his work and Laserbeak was enjoying their alone time so he decided to drag out the mission a little longer than necessary.

Laserbeak flew up into the air and did a few barrel rolls before he scanned the area, his audio receptors picked up a soft sniffling sound coming from a bush nearby and he turned around and flew back to his host to relay the information he had gathered. Once reaching Soundwave he connected back to his chassis and sent a communication over their bond telling him to check the noise out.

Soundwave walked over to the bush, he didn't really care about the noise but to ease his minicons worries he investigated the odd noise, he knelt down and used his slender digits to spread apart the bushes branches, Soundwave slightly reeled back in suprise at what it revealed, he was expecting it to just be an animal, like a rabbit it or something, but instead it was a human girl, she was filthy and thin, and looked to be no older than four maybe five years old, her hair was tangled up and her face was tear stained. Soundwave could've just left her there, and part of him wanted to, but she looked so innocent and scared, he thought back to his other minicons, when he had found them all alone and scared, she reminded him of them so Soundwave offered her his servo and watched what she'd do, surprisingly the little girl crawled onto his servo, her torn and filthy dress smeared dirt on his servo but he didn't care about that, he stood up straight and cradled her close to his chassis and for the first time in millennium he spoke "Safe" he simply said, the young human jolted startled by the sudden word being spoken but she relaxed quickly and leaned against his chassis.

Soundwave watched her for a moment before he opened up a ground bridge leading directly to his quarters, he didn't want anyone to know about the small human yet, he would tell Lord Megatron in time, just not until she was completely use to him, he did not like the feeling of keeping this a secret from Megatron but he had no choice for the time being. Soundwave set the tiny dirty human down on his recharging berth and watched as she shivered and curled up in a ball, he wondered why she had been alone in that bush but those questions would have to wait, he had to figure out what he was going to do, he didn't have the resources necessary for a human to survive let alone a young human. Soundwave deployed Laserbeak and told him to watch the human while he was gone. Soundwave left the room to go report to Megatron leaving Laserbeak to watch the human.

As soon as Soundwave left the room the human girl started to cry softly, she was scared and she felt sick after going through that green swirly portal thingy the giant robot had carried her through, she shivered again and gave a soft yelp when a series of beeps and clicks caught her attention, right beside her a weird looking thing sat beside her, it sort of resembled a bird, a weird bird. It suddenly took flight making the human girl hug her knees to her chest, what if it hurt her, the thought made more tears roll down her dirty cheeks.

Laserbeak flew circles above the human before darting over to a shelf, it had Soundwaves supplies neatly stored in it, Laserbeak saw a small purple cloth that was folded up neatly, it was unused and would keep the human warm, Laserbeak picked it up using his tentacle alike appendages and flew back over to the human and dropped it on top of her earning a startled squeak from the girl, Laserbeak landed next to her on the berth and chirped softly trying to sooth the scared human child.

The girl sniffed and pulled the thick warm purple cloth like blanket around her, she started to relax when her body started to warm up and her gaze turned to the strange bird creature "T-Thank you" she stuttered, she was still very wary of the creature but she now knew it wasn't going to harm her. Her eyelids started to get heavy so she laid down on the metal surface she was on, she curled up in a ball still tightly wrapped up in the blanket, she let her eyes close and soon she fell into a peaceful sleep, and for once her head was not plagued by nightmares.