Chapter Three, Part Two: Shopping Spree

Knockout parked his alt mode in one of the many empty parking spots in the car park, he took a deep breath and ran his fingers through his flawless short red hair as his gaze wondered over to Soundwave, the mech was silent as usual but his expression said everything, he was in deep thought.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Knockout quipped with a playful grin on his face. Soundwave glanced at him with a neutral expression before opening the door and getting out of Knockouts alt. "Well it was worth a shot" Knockout mumbled as he followed suit.

Both mechs entered the store together and looked around, it wasn't a big store but it appeared to have everything Soundwave was after and for that he was grateful. Soundwave grabbed a shopping cart and paused for a moment, he really could not believe he was shopping for human supplies right now, it just seemed so unreal to him.

"Hey look at this!" Knockout said loudly pulling Soundwave from his thoughts, Knockout held up a pink frilly dress with sequins on the top half. "Isn't this just adorable" Knockout gushed. "Oh and this one, this is amazing" Knockout held up a red dress with a yellow bow that wrapped around the waist. "Oh!" Knockout exclaimed as he dumped the dresses in the shopping cart and ran to the clothes that had captured his attention. Soundwaves shoulders sagged in relief, he was so glad he had brought Knockout along with him, there was no way he could've done this alone... Well maybe he could've.

Soundwave walked over to the clothing area and looked around, he would have to pick something other than dresses for the human, all Knockout seemed interested in was dresses, skirts and hair accessories. Soundwave picked a purple jumper a grey jacket a couple of plain t-shirts some leggings and jeans a couple of pairs of runners, undergarments, socks, and other little things she might need like a hair brush, a tooth brush, hygiene products, and some bedding. When he was done he glanced over at Knockout and almost face-palmed at the amount of dresses he was carrying, maybe bringing him along wasn't such a good idea after all.

"Okay, good news they had a purple dress" Knockout dumped the seven other dresses in the cart and held up a purple and black dress "It's like your scheme colour, I even got one in Megatrons" Knockout held up a grey and purple dress and Soundwave suppressed the urge to snort. "I know it's amazing right" Knockout grinned proudly.

"Can I help you" a feminine voice said from behind the two, both mechs turned to look at the short human femme, she had raven coloured hair that was pulled back in a neat bun, and was wearing what Soundwave assumed was her work uniform since multiple other people he had seen were wearing it as well.

"No thanks darling" Knockout smiled charmingly making the human femme blush, he just couldn't help himself could he. Soundwave shook his head and walked to the check out with the shopping cart, he put the items up and made sure he had more than enough money on the credit card he had created last night in his spare time, human security wasn't the best. Soundwave stood there silently as he watched the items be scanned, he noticed several people tense when they looked at him as if they were intimidated by him and he fought the urge to grin, he didn't have his mask so he had to keep control of his emotions now.

"That'll be two hundred and twenty nine dollars and fifty cents" the cashier said, Soundwave quickly paid and put the bags full of the items he bought in the cart and went to Knockouts alt mode. 

"I got it" Knockout opened the boot and helped put the bags in, Soundwave looked at Knockout and sensed something was bothering him but he didn't say anything, he shut the boot and returned the cart then got back in the car when he was done. "So..." Knockout trailed off. "As fun as this has been, I really want-- no I really need to know what this is all for Soundwave" Knockout looked at him with a dead serious expression "I need to know"

"Can you keep a secret?" Soundwave spoke startling Knockout. "Because if you can't then I will not tell you"

"Yes, I swear I'll keep this a secret Soundwave" Knockout promised.

"When I was on that mission Megatron allowed me to go on... Well I found more than just a dead Con" Soundwave paused and looked at him. "I found a human girl"

"Soundwave..."

"She was abandoned" Soundwave interrupted. "Left for dead, she reminded me of Rumble and Frenzy" Soundwave admitted with a sad smile. "I couldn't leave her there alone"

"When Megatron finds out you're keeping a human Soundwave..." Knockout paused, he glanced at the mech. "He'd terminate it, or make you take it back where you found it"

"Her" Soundwave corrected. "Not it"

"Just... I hope you know what you're doing Soundwave" Knockout turned on his engine and they drove to the grocery store to grab food for the human girl and then they ended up going to another store where Knockout bought new paint and detailing supplies for his finish, Soundwave ended up grabbing a mini fridge he spotted in the store while Knockout was running around buying his supplies and being hit on by humans.

After a long day of shopping the two headed back to Soundwaves alt mode then Knockout gave Soundwave all the human supplies and he quickly managed to fit it into his subspace.

"Thank you for today" Soundwave spoke, startling Knockout, they were both back in their Cybertronian forms so he didn't expect Soundwave to say a word to him.

"You're welcome Soundwave" Knockout replied, a small but genuine smile on his face.

Soundwave nodded and opened up a ground bridge for the two of them, they walked through it together and ended up just outside the medbay. Soundwave nodded farewell to the medic then went to turn away but was stopped by Knockout stepping in front of him.

"I want to meet her"

"No" Soundwave didn't hesitate and went to step around him, Knockout grunted and stepped in front of him again.

"She may need a check up" Knockout insisted. "After all you did say she was abandoned, you don't know how long for"

"I'll think about it" Soundwave pushed past the medic and returned to his room, he really would think about it, he just didn't want to spook her even more by letting another Cybertronian into her life this soon. 

Soundwave entered his room only to find Laserbeak and the human curled up on the berth together deep in recharge, a small smile tugged on the corners of Soundwaves hidden lips. While they were recharging Soundwave decided to set up the supplies he had gotten and find somewhere he could put her clothing, it took a while so when he was done he finished up some work for Megatron then decided to get some early recharge for once. 

He laid down on the berth and just as he was about to slip into power down he felt the human wrap her arms around his digit, a small smile crept onto his face before his frame and processor powered down.