Chapter Two: Research and Suspicions

Soundwave stepped onto the control bridge where Lord Megatron stood waiting for him, Soundwave remained as calm as ever as he slowly approached his master, he did not worry about the fact he was now keeping a secret from the one bot he swore he wouldn't, after all he was eventually going to tell Megatron about the human he had stashed away safely in his room, but for now it was his little secret.

"Ah Soundwave," Megatron turned to look at his communications officer, he folded his arms behind his back and gave a friendly grin, a grin that was only reserved for Soundwave these days "You've returned with good news I trust?"

"Negative-- Cybertronian pod located-- Dead Decepticon-- Found inside" Soundwave used audio clips of different voices of drones and one of Breakdown to tell Megatron what he needed to know.

"Hm" Megatron hummed, he was clearly annoyed but Soundwave remained where he stood, he knew Megatron needed more soldiers. "That is unfortunate, I was hoping to expand our troops" Megatron shook his helm "You may return to your work Soundwave" Megatron turned away, his arms still folded behind his back as he intently watched a computer screen.

Soundwave stared at him for a moment then gave a respectful nod before he turned away from Lord Megatron and walked over to a couple of computers that were unoccupied, he needed to do some research on humans if he was going to keep the human child he found then it was essential he learned how to take care of her. For hours Soundwave stood there downloading the information he needed to know, he stored the information he learnt in a file in his data banks and went to turn the computers off when a familiar seeker scooted beside him and took a look at the screen.

"Doing some research are we?" Starscream piped up as he looked at the computer screen, a look of disgust crept onto his facial features as he slowly read through it. "On humans? Why would you want to learn about those pests for Soundwave?"

"They're interesting-- It's logical-- to learn about them-- We're hiding-- Among them-- Starscream" Soundwave pieced together random audio clips to make his point, he really didn't like explaining himself to Starscream but the mech was second in command therefore Soundwave had to indulge him.

"It's still a waste of time to me, they're disgusting lowly creatures, but it is rather interesting that you're suddenly interested in learning about them, you didn't show this curiosity when we landed on this dirt ball of a planet" Starscream grinned, he watched Soundwave carefully waiting for some sort of reaction, but the silent mech just stood there unmoving, disappointed in the lack of reaction Starscream huffed. "I'll just leave you to your research Soundwave" Starscream said in a suspicious tone, Soundwave turned off the computer monitors and walked away from the seeker, he was in no mood to deal with him. "I'll be sure to bring up your interest in humans in my next conversation with Megatron" Starscream said as he watched Soundwave walk away, Soundwave did not stop, he knew it was an empty threat, still Soundwave knew he'd have to keep an optic on the deceptive seeker.

********

Soundwave entered his room and found Laserbeak and the human child recharging on the berth, the child was wrapped up in one of his unused cleaning cloths, Laserbeak must have given it to her to keep her warm, a ghost of a smile tugged on Soundwaves hidden mouth as he watched the human and minicon for a moment longer, he couldn't help but think about Rumble Frenzy and Ravage as he looked at them, his minicons would always curl up together and recharge. Soundwaves spark ached dully at the thought of his missing minicons he missed them all so much. Soundwaves gaze slowly moved from Laserbeak to the human, she was so tiny and fragile looking, her dirty face looked so innocent and Soundwave could not help the protective feeling that washed over him, in that moment Soundwave knew that he was going to keep her safe. Soundwave carefully picked the small fragile human up then carefully rested on the berth and rested her on his abdomen, he made sure she was covered with the cloth before he decided to get some recharge as well, he slowly let him self power down allowing his tense limbs to finally relax.