Chapter Seven, Part Two: Meeting Knockout

Soundwave swiftly entered the medbay, his hidden optics immediately were drawn to the medic who was busy polishing his finish. Soundwave walked further into the room and stared at the medic.

"Oh Soundwave, I didn't hear you come in" Knockout placed down his buffer and grinned at the silent mech. "Did you bring her?"

Soundwave nodded.

"I'll seal the door, no one should bother us" Knockout walked over to the door and typed on the key pad that was on the wall, he sealed the door before he turned and walked back over to Soundwave. The mech had his back to the medic, and from the looks of it he appeared to be opening up his spark chamber. Knockout immediately turned around to give Soundwave some privacy.

Madalyn crawled onto Soundwaves servo and clung to one of his slender digits, she then looked up at him and watched as he closed his chest plating. Madalyn blinked slightly before she took a look around the room she'd never seen before. She was so lost in her curiosity she didn't notice a new bot approaching.

"May I?" Knockout spoke as he held out his servo, Madalyn's head whipped around to look at him startled, her eyes immediately fell to the hand he was offering her. "I won't hurt you" Knockout tried to assure her.

Madalyn looked up at Soundwave and received a nod of encouragement from him. Madalyn gave a soft sigh and carefully crawled onto the new bots hand.

Knockout watched her, he was definitely curious about her, she looked so small, smaller than other humans he'd seen, and she looked so fragile.

"My name is Knockout" Knockout told the human, he had a friendly grin plastered to his face.

"M-Madalyn" Madalyn stuttered out nervously, she looked up at him with wide eyes, he talked unlike Soundwave. "You're n-not gonna give me a shot are you?" Madalyn whimpered softly.

"Goodness no, I'm simply just going to scan you" Knockout sat her down on one of the medical berths carefully.

"S-Scan?"

"Yes, now hold still, it'll feel a bit tingly" Knockout warned her, he held up his scanner and scanned her small figure.

Madalyn shivered at the tingly feeling and wrapped her arms around her body.

"There all done" Knockout informed, he held up a data pad and read through it, he didn't know anything about how humans worked which meant he'd have to learn. But from what he could tell, the human had a lot of scarring, especially on her back, she was underweight and even a little dehydrated.

"She needs water and food, but other than that she seems fine" Knockout told Soundwave, "I suspect she's been through something very traumatic" Knockout looked disgusted for a moment, he wasn't sure what she'd been through, but he could guess. It honestly disgusted him how some human creators could treat their creations. "She has a lot of scarred tissue, especially on her back"

Soundwave nodded his helm, his left servo balled into a fist as he turned to look at Madalyn.

Madalyn had her head down, her long light brown hair fell in front of her face and hid her sad expression, they were talking about her scars, she didn't want to think about how she got them.

Madalyn squeezed her eyes shut as a memory hit her.

*Flash Back*

"Madalyn!" a loud feminine voice yelled, "Get your lazy arse down stairs!"

Madalyn whimpered softly at the sound of her mother's voice, the four year old was terrified and quickly climbed under her bed. She didn't want to get hurt again.

"MADALYN!" Her mother's voice shrieked, "I SAID GET DOWN HERE! NOW!"

Madalyn squeezed her brown eyes shut and curled up into a ball, she hugged her knees to her chest as salty tears streamed down her cheeks.

Madalyn's brown eyes flew open when she heard the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs, Madalyn sucked in a deep breath of air and exhaled quickly before holding her breath.

"Madalyn" her mothers voice slurred. "If you don't come out it'll just be worse"

Madalyn swallowed the lump in her throat and started to shake fearfully, she begged god in her mind to not let her mother find her.

"Madalyn..." Her mothers voice trailed off, everything was silent for a split second before Madalyn felt something wrap around her left ankle. Madalyn shrieked as her mother pulled her out from underneath her bed. "Found you" her mother growled lowly.

"No Mummy please!" Madalyn sobbed. "I was good! I didn't do anything bad!" Madalyn pleaded.

Madalyn screamed when her mother picked her up and threw her onto the bed.

"This is what you get for not coming when I call you!" Her mother said, she started to undo her belt. "Next time you'll listen to me"

"No Mummy, please" Madalyn begged as she sobbed hysterically.

*Flash Back End*

Madalyn took a shaky breath as she wiped the tears from her eyes, she hugged her knees to her chest and gave a low whimper.

Soundwave glanced at Knockout before he walked over to the crying human and carefully picked her up, he cradled her against his chassis and soothingly rubbed her back with one of his slender digits.

"You should take her to rest" Knockout said softly, trying not to spook the upset human. "And make sure she eats and drinks"

Soundwave nodded his helm and walked out the medbay while carrying Madalyn in his servos, he used the security feed to check which halls were safe to take then erased the footage of him and Madalyn so no one would discover his human.

Soundwave entered his room and walked over to his berth, he looked down at Madalyn and noticed she had cried herself into recharge. Soundwave shook his helm and carefully laid her down on her blanket that she used to keep herself warm at night. He watched as the human curled up and snuggled into the blanket. Soundwave watched her for a moments before he ejected Laserbeak to watch her and left to go do some work so Starscream wouldn't have an excuse to pester him later.