Chapter Six: Starscreams Suspicion

I accidentally published this chapter twice! then freaked out twice, thankfully you're able to unpublished chapters...

********

Starscream paced around the medbay with his arms folded behind his back, he had a frustrated look on his face and his flawless gray wings were arched up high on his back clearly showing his aggravation and frustration.

"He's hiding something Knockout, I'm sure of it" Starscream told the medic as he paced back and forth, he knew Soundwave was hiding something, the mech had been acting different lately. Starscream huffed and looked at the medic, he had no idea Knockout already knew about Soundwaves secret.

"It's Soundwave, he's a walking archive of secrets" Knockout shrugged his shoulders, he didn't want to give anything away. "Why don't you just drop it Starscream, don't waste your time"

"This could be huge Knockout, if I discover what Soundwave is hiding, I could prove to Megatron that he is in fact untrustworthy" Starscream straightened up, a devious grin crept onto his face.

"You better have proof before you take this to Lord Megatron" Knockout told him, he wasn't worried at all about Starscream finding anything out about Soundwaves secret. "He won't be forgiving if you make false accusations about Soundwave"

"I know" Starscream almost growled in frustration. "I will... need your help finding evidence Knockout"

Knockout snorted "I'm far to busy Starscream, besides I just don't care if Soundwave is hiding anything" Knockout dusted some invisible dust off his shoulder.

"Of course, buffing your finish is way more important than helping me take down Soundwave" Starscream rolled his optics, sarcasm dripped from his words as he eyed the medic suspiciously. "Unless there is another reason Knockout?"

"You're paranoid Starscream" Knockout huffed and waved him off, "I've got work to do, so if you would so kindly leave" Knockout almost growled, he was rather annoyed with listening to the seeker drone on about slag he didn't care about.

"Very well Knockout, I shall leave you to your buffing" Starscream rolled his optics and headed toward the door, he wasn't going to waste his time here if Knockout was unwilling to listen.

Knockout watched the seeker leave and picked up his buffer, he grumbled as he began to buff his chassis making it shine flawlessly.

********

Starscream strutted down the halls of the nemesis like he owned the place, he might as well have owned it, soon it would be his ship, well when he found a way to overthrow Megatron and take command of the Decepticons, then it would be his ship, it was his rightful place anyway. He just needed help with figuring out how to remove Soundwave from the picture, he would have a better chance then, or at least he hoped he would.

Starscream needed the help of someone that would never be suspected of looking into Soundwave, but who was stupid enough to spy on the Decepticon spymaster? Starscream stopped and gave a huff of frustration, he stomped his high heeled pede rather childishly, why couldn't it ever be easy for him, surely it couldn't be that hard to make Soundwave look bad in the optics of Megatron.

"Uh commander Starscream sir?" Starscream turned around and saw a vehicon staring at him.

"What is it?" Starscream snapped, he was irritated clearly and looked to be in no mood to deal with a common drone.

"I just..." the vehicon flinched back, "I saw you standing here and... Well you looked lost in thought, I just wanted to make sure you were okay..."

​​​​​"What is your name drone" Starscream asked with an annoyed look on his face, his scheming had been interrupted, and by a vehicon trooper.

"I usually go by Steve" the drone said, his voice barely above a whisper.

"Well Steve" Starscream drawled, "I am fine, just in need of assistance"

"Can I be of assistance sir?" Steve asked, he perked up a little and looked eager to help.

"Not unless you know what is going on with Soundwave?" Starscream huffed, he turned to look at the drone and grinned a little, he seemed a little to eager to help, Starscream could definitely use that to his advantage.

"Well, I did see Soundwave just before, he was in the wash racks, but he had, he uh had the door sealed" Steve told him, "Does that seem a little odd to you?"

"No, not really" Starscream huffed, "How far would you be willing to go to help me dear Steve?"

"I'll do whatever needs to be done sir" Steve said a little to quickly.

"Perfect" Starscream grinned widely, "Shall we get started then my dearest Steve" Starscream almost purred, things were looking up.