3 (Not Too Bright)

I ran to my seat, grabbing Georgia by the arm.

"Whoa there, what's with the pulling, and where did you go off to?" She yanked away.

"Not much time." My eyes darted around the room, watching for any angels wondering around. "But I have some good news, just follow me and I'll explain later." I continued to pull her.

"What's all the fuss about?" Jacob asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Jacob, just, follow me and Georgia." I answered to him. Georgia reluctantly got up out of her seat.

"What if they call my name while I'm away?" She asked nervously.

"They won't, trust me. Now come on." I took off running, back into the open section of the hall, leading towards the strange man.

Georgia and Jacob were close behind. "What's the good news?" She demanded as soon as we had stopped. Right were the man had been standing was empty air.

"Um... I found a way out..." I said softly. Georgia's eyes widened in response.

"Like out out?" Jacob asked excitedly.

"Yes you idiot, she means out out." Georgia smacked Jacobs arm. He blushed sheepishly.

Suddenly out of the shadows the man appeared again. "Oh, hello again girl-who-takes-forever-to-get-her-'friends'." He turned to Georgia and Jacob. He frowned. "I thought I said one."

"Ya, well the more souls the merrier." I replied.

"We're your friends?" Jacob murmured, smiling.

"Now, come on you band of freaks, let's get a move on before the patrol catches us." Leather jacket waved for us to follow him.

"Patrol? I thought this was going to be easy!" I growled. "You said you hid it!"

"I said I hid the exit, not us." He rolled his eyes and continued to sprint down the hall, almost gliding.

We all followed, as quickly as our bodies would take us. Finally after some halls I didn't notice before we were at a wall.

"This is the exit?" Jacob said shocked. "It's just a wall!" He threw is hands up for more effect.

The man raised his eyebrow. "Is he for real?" He asked me.

"I suppose he isn't so bright." Georgia replied kicking Jacobs shin. He didn't even flinch.

"The exit is this wall, I've just cloaked it. Now, I didn't catch your name Prom queen." He said turning my direction. Why was everyone calling me that!? Then I remembered I was still wearing my prom dress.

"Kaitlin." I replied, eyes still fixed to the wall.

"Kay, Kaitlin, press your hand on the wall as soon as I expose it. When it opens I want everyone to jump in, no questions asked. We are going to have a lot of angels on our tails so keep running. If you run far enough they will forget about you." He nodded towards us, we nodded back.

He placed his palm onto the surface of the wall. After a while a light surrounded his hand, igniting the wall in a blue fire.

"Kaitlin, now!" He demanded. I put my palm to the cold surface, flinching as soon as my hand touched.

Soon a huge black swirling vortex opened up, its center spinning. The man jumped in, then Jacob and then Georgia. I was about to jump in but a hand grabbed my arm, pulling me back.

"Hold it right there!" I was turned around, the black haired annoying guy who had told me to sit down before had an awful sneer on his face as he gripped my arm. "Where do you think your going?"

"Any where but here." I said, then brought my fist up and into his face. He wailed as he pulled back, blood dripping from his nose.

I ripped from his grasp, kicking him for good measure and then jumped into the portal. His words echoed in my mind as I was carried away into darkness.

"why don't we have better security?"