Chapter 8

We left the TARDIS to see a dingy, cluttered, warehouse place. "Kind of a let down," I sighed.

"Where are we?" Amy asked, looking around.

"About five miles from Cape Kennedy Space Centre," He answered, "It's 1969, the year of the moon."

"Interesting, don't you think?" I smiled slightly, trying to lighten the scary mood.

"But why would a little girl be here?"

"I don't know. Lost me a bit," the Doctor admitted, "The President asked the girl where she was, and she did what any lost little girl would do. She looked out of the window." We both peered out the window to see Jefferson, Hamilton, and Adams on those green street markers. Of course, I noticed the phone that the girl must of called from wasn't connected.

Amy sighed, "Streets. Of course, street names."

"The only place in Florida, probably all of America, with those three street names on the same junction. And Celeste, you've got that face on again."

"What face?" I asked curiously.

"The 'he's hot when he's clever' face." The Doctor smirked smugly.

I retorted, "This is my normal face."

"Yes, it is."

"Oh, shut up," I laughed slightly.

"Not a chance." He winked smoothly. Rory finally got Canton out of the box, mumbling, "We've moved. How, how can we have moved?"

"You haven't even got to space travel yet?" the Doctor asked disbelievingly.

Rory explained exasperatedly, "I was going to cover it with time travel."

"Time travel," Canton said, looking at the TARDIS with awe.

I clapped my hand on his back. "Brave heart, Canton. Come on."

"So we're in a box that's bigger on the inside," he checked, "And it travels through time and space."

"Yeah, basically describes our life," I sighed, already annoyed.

"How long have Scotland Yard had this?"

I blatantly ignored the question and we walked into the warehouse. The very dark, very creepy warehouse. "It's a warehouse of some kind. Disused," River observed.

"You realise this is almost certainly a trap, of course?" The Doctor assumed.

"I noticed the phone, yes."

"What about it?" Amy asked.

I explained, "It was cut off. So how did the child phone from here?" I remember the story Rose told me. "Are you my mummy?" I said in a childish voice. Everyone but the Doctor, looked at me like I was crazy.

The Doctor smiled, before pointing out, "You weren't there." I only smirked.

"Okay, but why would anyone want to trap us?"

"Let's see if anyone tries to kill us and work backwards," I suggested. The Doctor shrugged and I couldn't help but notice that River and the Ponds stiffened a bit.

"Now, why would a little girl be here?" River asked.

"I don't know," I answered truthfully.

"Let's find her and ask her," The Doctor joked. We walked around a bit, before stumbling upon crates filled with advanced technology.

"It's non terrestrial. Definitely alien," River reported, "Probably not even from this time zone." I opened a crate full of regular 1969 spacesuits.

"Which is odd, because look at this!"

"It's earth tech," she agreed, "It's contemporary."

"It's very contemporary. Cutting edge," The Doctor noticed, "This is from the space program."

"Stolen?"

"What, by aliens?"

"Apparently," the Doctor answered. I was about to say it, but resisted.

Amy was still asking, "But why? I mean, if you can make it all the way to Earth, why steal technology that can barely make it to the moon?"

"Maybe because it's cooler?" He suggested, "Look how cool this stuff is."

"Cool aliens?"

"Well, what would you call me and Celeste?"

"An alien and his cool girlfriend," she answered simply. I blushed simply.

"Oi!" The Doctor exclaimed. I only shrugged, my cheeks still burning slightly.

"I, er, I think he's okay now," Rory said, talking about Canton. I mean, we didn't even move in time or off the continent.

"Ah! Back with us, Canton," The Doctor talked excitedly.

"I like your wheels," he replied cooly. Oh, boys and their toys.

"That's my boy," he continued, "So, come on. Little girl. Let's find her." Amy and River went back to whispering to each other and Rory went with Canton. "Do you ever get the feeling that they know more than us?" I checked.

"Yes, right now," He agreed, "And I don't like it."

"Me neither," I paused before continuing, "So, who's River?"

The Doctor looked at me briefly before turning back. "I don't know. She's someone in my future. I met her in my past regeneration. And that was the day she died." I smiled sadly.

"Doctor?" River called, "Look at this." I pursed my lips and observed the manhole that they found. "So where does that go?"

She answered, "There's a network of tunnels running under here."

"Life signs?"

"No, nothing that's showing up," River confirmed.

"Those are the worst kind," The Doctor said. She prepared to go down.

"Be careful," the Doctor advised.

I countered, "No, that's too dull. So is waiting. I hope you weren't planning on going alone." She smiled as I waited for her to go down.

"Agreed."

The Doctor ignored us. "Shout if you get in trouble."

"Don't worry, I'm quite the screamer." I winked, before going down with River. I could hear Canton demand, "Tell me what's going on here."

"Er, nothing. She's just a friend."

"Doctor," Amy started, "We all know that you're lying." I smiled slightly and caught up with River in the dark tunnel before hearing the familiar rattling noise. I just couldn't place it.

We saw the alien with its bulbous head and slimy skin. "I saw you," I remembered, "In the diner." We both turned around, seeing them surrounding us.

River burst out of the manhole, but the three fingers were placed over my mouth. Fear bubbled as I heard their voices in my head. Celeste, the last Time Lady. The last Natural.

"Who are you?" I demanded, "What are you? How come I don't know?"

We are the Silence. You will come with us.

The compulsion to obey was strong, so strong that I was in more of a dream state. "Where is Celeste?" The Doctor yelled, "Celeste! Celeste!" I heard a gunshot and screams.

"Doctor," I whispered.