Chapter 30

Soft.

And warm.

That was basically all I could realize. I peeled my eyes open to see a room. My room, in the Doctor's TARDIS. The softness was my bed. My eyes squinted and it felt like my brain got chucked in a supernova.

Someone knocked on the door and I just sat up, waiting for whoever it was to come in. Which he did. It was the Doctor in his pajamas. He looked weird without his bow tie.

The Doctor stuttered awkwardly, "I-I-I was sleeping, but I couldn't..."

"Go to sleep?" I guessed. He nodded. My shoulders shrugged and I scooted to the edge so he'd get in.

Instead of going to the edge, the Doctor went smack in the middle. Groaning loudly, I tried shoving him closer to the edge, but the Doctor thought it'd be fun to move from the middle to on top of me. His back was pressed to my chest and I tried shoving him off, but he just laughed slightly.

I mustered my strength and pushed him to the side so that we were facing each other. I could see his amazing green eyes stare deeply into mine. My mind was too tired to check what my mouth was saying. "You have pretty eyes," I blurted out, before turning red.

The Doctor chuckled. "Thanks?" He paused before saying seriously, "Your eyes are prettier." He smiled when he saw my face go a darker red, if that was even possible.

We both suddenly realized how close we both were. If I moved so much of an inch, my nose would touch his. He looked at me with his eyes. I just saw him regenerated, with a new pair of eyes, but now these ones didn't match his younger face. It could have been years since he regenerated. It felt like I just saw the new Doctor crashing his TARDIS into Amelia Pond's yard.

The Doctor's eyes looked quickly at my lips before looking up again. He leaned in a centimeter, but I sat up. "Hey, if you're not tired, let's do something," I suggested, "Preferably US, 1960s?"

The tension was evident, but the Doctor just smiled lightly and told me to get ready. I chose a red polka dot sundress with sandals and just left my hair as it was. My makeup was natural except for the red lipstick.

The Doctor took one look at me and looked flustered, his face matching the red dress. I smiled at his reaction and he started the TARDIS, trying to ignore my smile. He scribbled a quick note for the Ponds before joining me by the door. "They're not going to read the note, you know?" I smirked.

"Notes were made for reading," he defended himself. I just shrugged and straightened his bow tie for him. The tension was still there, but I chose to ignore it. "Got your sonic?" I checked.

The Doctor flipped his out. "You?" I brought mine from the little pocket in the dress I had. "Well then," he started, "Let's explore. Nice date then." The Doctor smirked smugly.

"Oh, it's not a date."

"You got dressed up for a simple get together?"

I shrugged. "I'm that sort of person," I answered vaguely before adding quickly, "It's not a date."

"Is to."

"Is not."

"Is to."

"Is not."

"Is to."

"Is not."

"Is not."

"Is to-hey!" I hit his arm, not playfully. Quite hard. He rubbed his arm and glared at me. I advised, "Don't con me and don't cliché me."

_________________________

Sorry about that school just started for me and it's hectic