Chapter 33

We had been on the space rabbit's ship for two days and I was already ignoring the Doctor. He knew that I wanted to leave, but his stupid ego wouldn't allow it. The rabbits treated us like we were royals like the Doctor's been acting.

Amy and Rory try to make the best of it, but I refused. Mostly, I stayed in my room, trying to keep the rabbits out.

They continuously thumped around my door, guarding me. I groaned and tapped my fingers on the bed. Finally, they came in. I shivered unintentionally. The rabbits were still scary, still creepy.

"Our leader wishes to speak with you," one informed in that robotic voice.

I smiled sarcastically. "Well, you can tell him to leave me alone until I'm in my TARDIS."

"He wishes to speak," he repeated, "Now prepare for teleportation." Folding my arms, I huffed and waited. A flash of bright light blinded me before the throne room appeared. The Doctor spread his arms widely. I wanted to smack the smug smirk off his face, but I stayed still and silent.

His eyes faded a bit, but the Doctor asked, "Do you like it?" He turned around slowly and I noticed his new attire. Instead of his tweed jacket, he was wearing a suit jacket.

I smirked sardonically. "Just as stupid as staying here."

The Doctor straightened his bow tie and huffed, "Well, I thought we can talk about this over dinner." Yeah, I'll have dinner with you when you're less of an asshole.

"No thanks," I retorted, "Why don't you admit that this is the most idiotic thing you've ever done?"

"I've done far more idiotic things." He leaned in more so that our noses were touching. "Dinner, two hours, I'll send something."

I almost laughed. "Who do you think you are?"

The gold crown perched on his head gleamed a bit. "Leader of the space rabbits." My eyes narrowed as he snapped and teleported me away.

My room, as blah and gray as it was, was my fortitude in this place of insanity. I flopped on my uncomfortable bed and groaned.

Someone interrupted my fortitude and entered the room. Amy. I asked, my voice muffled, "I'm not the only one who thinks the Doctor is an obnoxious arrogant ass, right?" She just sighed and rubbed my back motherly.

Another rabbit came and left a dress that I was too moody to look at right there. "Wow," Amy gushed, "The Doctor, even though he's acting like an asshole, has good taste." I glared at her, but snuck a peek at the dress.

It was a black ballroom gown covered in lace. I twisted my necklace, playing with it more than ever. Don't know why, but my hand never left it very much. I glowered, "Looks like I need to get ready."

The dress fit nicely. The sleeves fell on the side of my arms. I piled my hair nicely and applied red gloss and black mascara. Amy whistled in approval. "You look great," she complimented.

"Not for the Doctor," I assured, "I'm doing this to get off this stupid ship." She just smiled sadly and sent me off to the throne room where he was waiting.

The throne room was darker, almost romantically lit. A fancy table was set in the middle, covered in rose petals, which is kinda impossible since we're in space.

The Doctor, all dolled up in his tuxedo and top hat, smiled sweetly, but I just glared. His smile wavered, but he led me to the table and pulled my chair out for me. I sat down without a word and stared hardly at my silverware. The Doctor cleared his throat and broke the silence, "Uh, we should be arriving soon to their planet."

"Great." My eyes fluttered upwards. He looked like he was pained, but really, I'm the pained one.

"I hoped to explain earlier-" the Doctor started awkwardly, but I angrily cut him off, "No need. I want to go and you won't let me. Didn't know you were the leader type."

"I-"

I interrupted again, "I don't care. All I need to know is that you've become a jerk since we got here. Leader of the space rabbits? Why do you even want to be that?"

"I want you to stay!" He blurted out angrily.

I was beyond mad. "Oh, so you hold me against my will?"

"No! It's that mostly here, you always leave after a couple adventures!" the Doctor stated, "And sometimes you're a completely different person when I see you, so yes! I do want to hold on to a single version of you and not feel like I'm in stage one all over again."

"Do you think it's any easier for me?" I retorted, "I've been running into three versions of you! And yes, I do leave. Just like I'm doing now." I hitched my skirt and stalked away.

Or at least tried to. The Doctor pulled my arm back and suddenly I'm against him. This is too close. I struggled in his grasp. His green eyes stared into mine and he whispered, "I'll let go if you promise you'll stay next time I ask." Breathless, I nodded. "Promise me."

"I-I-I promise," I shakily said. The Doctor let go of my arm carefully, but neither of us moved. We both stayed there perfectly still. "Why do you want me to stay?" I asked, "Why do you chase me even if I-?" My question was cut off by the Doctor chuckling deeply.

"I don't know why I chase sometimes when obviously, you don't want to be found," he answered softly and placed a kiss on my cheek, "But then I think I know one thing for certain and I don't even think you know it." My heartbeats quicken.

Oh god, what's he going to say? Will I be able to say it back? I shouldn't deserve this. Before the Doctor has the chance, I bring his face closer to mine and kissed him. Like last time, he placed his hands on the small of my back to bring me closer if that was even possible.

My hands were going through his floppy brown hair and his top hat fell to the ground, forgotten. He started giggling which obviously started making me giggle to the point that we were both laughing. The Doctor, still smiling like an idiot, led me to my room and promised, "I'll get you into my TARDIS to go to yours....." I waited for the catch. ".....as long as you use my coordinates as your next adventure."

"And what kind of adventure is that?"

He smiled and pecked my lips. "To see if you can keep your promise."