Chapter 24

3rd Person

The Doctor opened his eyes suddenly, realizing he was in one of the cells. "Let me out! Let me out!"

Cassandra/Rose taunted, "Aren't you lucky there was a spare? Standing room only."

"You've stolen Rose's body."

She ignored him. "Over the years, I've thought of a thousand ways to kill you, Doctor. And now, that's exactly what I've got. One thousand diseases. They pump the patients with a top-up every ten minutes. You've got about three minutes left. Enjoy."

"Just let Rose go, Cassandra," the Doctor pleaded.

"I will. As soon as I've found someone younger, and less common, then I'll junk her with the waste," she promised with a glint in her eye, "Maybe that girl with you. Celeste? Now hushaby. It's showtime."

The Doctor was furious. "Leave Celeste alone! Don't you dare touch her!"

The nurses were helpful, probably wanting this to be over quickly. "Anything we can do to help?"

"Straight to the point, Whiskers," Cassandra sneered, "I want money."

"The Sisterhood is a charity. We don't give money. We only accept."

"The humans across the water pay you a fortune, and that's exactly what I need. A one-off payment, that's all I want," She informed, "Oh, and perhaps a yacht. In return for which, I shall tell the city nothing of your institutional murder. Is that a deal?"

"I'm afraid not," Casp replied timidly.

She threatened, "I'd really advise you to think about this."

"Oh, there's no need. I have to decline."

"I'll tell them, and you've no way of stopping me," Cassandra chortled, "You're not exactly Nuns with Guns. You're not even armed."

"Who needs arms when we have claws?" The nurse unsheathed her claws and Cassandra was silent.

"Well, nice try," she dismissed, "Chip? Plan B." Chip, the alien that captured Celeste earlier pulled a lever, letting everyone out on that level.

The Doctor came out with all the sick people. "Doctor!" He heard faintly. His face paled and scanned the sick mass without touching any. "Celeste!" The Doctor called.

Suddenly, she was right next to him. The Doctor nearly jumped out of his skin. "Uh, how-how-h," he stuttered, "How did you do that?"

Celeste shrugged like it was tiny. "Think it's a Natural thing. I woke up, the door was open, and I was surrounded by sick people. Pretty sure that happened before. And here I am."

He nodded before turning to Cassandra/Rose. "What've you done?"

"Gave the system a shot of adrenaline, just to wake them up. See you!" With that, she dashed off with Chip.

The Doctor went quickly after them and Celeste advised the cats, "Do not touch them. Whatever you do, don't touch!" She ran off in their direction.

Once the Doctor and Celeste caught up with Cassandra and Chip, a nurse was touched by a sick man and died instantly. "Oh, my God," Cassandra breathed.

Celeste accused, "What the hell have you done?"

"It wasn't me."

"One touch and you get every disease in the world, and I want that body safe, Cassandra," The Doctor instructed, "We've got to go down."

She protested, "But there's thousands of them!"

Celeste smiled cheekily. "Then I hope you can run in another person's body."