Chapter 10

*As for the dress, imagine it without the white lining at the top. I don't particularly like that. Special thanks to asr11415 for the new cover. She's helped me so much with the story and everyone should check out her Doctor Who story, No Way Out.*

The End of The World

The Doctor left me with a detailed list of what I should do to recover, but I just skimmed it and tossed it aside. We went our awkward separate ways.

My TARDIS was in the place I left it and I felt bad for what I put her through. "I am so sorry," I apologized, "I am really sorry." My TARDIS hummed in responded. "I know, it's just that they took a regeneration. I only have eight left and no one to travel with." Buzz, creak. "I can't just keep hijacking the Doctor when he goes out. He has his own life."

She just huffed in response and started the engines. "Whoa, girl!" I called, running around the counsel, "Where are you taking me?" TARDIS just buzzed again and led me to my room where a simple white and black gown was placed on my bed. Silver shoes were at the foot of the bed and the appropriate makeup were on my vanity table.

I sighed with fake exaggeration and took a quick shower. By the window in the bathroom was a blow dryer and flat iron. Once my blond hair was straightened, I applied a faint red lip gloss, gray eyeshadow, and eyeliner(the winged kind). The dress was like a ballroom gown and I couldn't help but wonder where and when my TARDIS was taking me. "Come on, girl," I cooed in the counsel room, "Please tell me." TARDIS printed out a small invitation.

For Earth burning. Year five billion. Lovely. I fixed my necklace. It was a black gem incased in a gold claw. Mother had given it to me when I'd looked into the time vortex and discovered what I was. The vortex had multiplied in size about the size of the wall instead of the hole. She told me that my aunt was a Natural and that my grandfather had gone to and fro, searching for the perfect gem.

I never took it off as a kid, but once I left, I rarely looked at it.

The TARDIS landed smoothly and hummed. "Thanks, girl," I softly replied.

When I walked out, a person with blue skin introduced himself as the steward. He asked for my name and I replied, "Celeste."

"Welcome, Celeste," he greeted, "Now if you could wait for the announcement." He left and about ten minutes later, the steward called, "All staff to their positions. Hurry, now, thank you. Quick as we can. Come along, come along. And now, might I introduce the next honoured guest? Representing the Forest of Cheam, we have trees, namely, Jabe, Lute and Coffa."

The bark skinned woman and her two bodyguards walked out regally.

Steward announced, "There will be an exchange of gifts representing peace. If you could keep the room circulating, thank you. Next, from the solicitors Jolco and Jolco, we have the Moxx of Balhoon."

The blue alien on a transport pod left to enter.

"And next, from Financial Family Seven, we have the Adherents of the Repeated Meme." A group of black hooded bipeds exited.

"The inventors of Hypo-slip Travel Systems, the brothers Hop Pyleen. Thank you."

"Cal Spark Plug. Mister and Mrs Pakoo. The Ambassadors from the City State of Binding Light."

"From the Silver Devastation, the sponsor of the main event, please welcome the Face of Boe." The large glass case containing the large old humanoid head left, leaving me with a lady with human skin stretched onto a metal frame.

"Our very special guest. Ladies and gentlemen, and trees and multiforms, consider the Earth below. In memory of this dying world, we call forth the last Human. The Lady Cassandra O'Brien Dot Delta Seventeen."