⇝ seven ⇜

I was taken back by what he said. “Y-you what?” I stuttered.

“Don’t make me say it again because I won’t.”

“You don’t like me.” I rolled my eyes.

“And why don’t I?” He snapped.

“Because you don’t. I’m not going to be that girl whose emotions you play with.”

“Maha I do like you. Why do you think I’ve been avoiding you?” He said.

I stood there shocked. He likes me? He can’t like me?

“It makes no sense for you to like me.” I mumbled.

“Well I do.” He shrugged.

“I don’t know what to say.” I frowned, biting my lip.

He surprised me by kissing me.

“You can’t just kiss me.” I gasped.

“I know you feel the same way I do so why not?”

“Look, I just need to go. Maybe we can talk about this some other time?” I suggested.

He nodded and I quickly disappeared inside. I just need to go home. I was walking fast, looking behind me the entire time. I didn’t want him to follow me.

“Hey is everything okay?” Liam asked, grabbing my arm.

“Yeah, yeah. I just don’t feel well.” I lied.

He led me towards his car and I hadn’t realized I’d been holding my breath until I gasped for air. Liam started the car and hesitated before driving away.

-

I was so glad he didn’t ask any questions during the long drive back to my house. “Let me walk you to your door.” He suggested.

I walked to the door and he sighed. “Look, about tonight, I really am sorry.” I half-smiled.

“Don’t be. I knew you had a thing for Horan.” He chuckled.

I blushed, which was odd but I cleared my throat and pretended it didn’t happen.

“We can still be friends. Don’t worry. But if you’re running away from your feelings, it isn’t worth it. You obviously like him so be with him.” He smiled. He leaned in and I froze.

I couldn’t help but smile when he kissed my cheek. He’s too sweet and I don’t deserve him. I walked inside and closed the door, leaning against the wall.