Words

Written: 8/6-8/7 2018

Words.

Can you hear them?

They are all around you; invisible and yet felt in ways that that are sometimes, ironically, indescribable.

Words.

The manifisation of thought through an action that gives it life. Equipped to either bind up or tear down;

To heal or to kill.

The word, once spoken, cannot be taken back by pure fancy or out of regret; once out, it continues on even when the sound waves no longer carry it to our ears.

It carries on indefinitely in an endless circle around the globe, bouncing off the atmosphere, then around again for eternity, never stopping or slowing down.

Words.

They smash into each other like two jousting knights when you have an argument, each trying to unseat the other;

Or like deadly assassins when you speak down to someone with malice in your heart.

Words.

They carry weight, power, control; the ability to give and take away; to lift up or put down.

You can slay someone with a single word, and not ever revive them with a thousand apologies.

Words.

They create, they hone, they craft; they are both blessing and curse to a broken humanity that cares not how they use them;

Like toddlers, we think we know best. But we are not more than verbose fools spouting off our own ignorance.

Words.

If you could see the lasting impact pf your words, would you change what you say?

Would dialogue become more important than being right?

Would you use the power of words, driven by thought, to express love to those who neither know it or feel it?

Would you stand and speak for those who cannot?

The humming of words all around us numbs us; this cacophany deafens us as it raises ever upward as more words are spoken, but understanding becomes less.

STOP!!!

Listen.

...

Words.

Can you hear them?