5

———————

———————

6 years ago

The cool air hit your face as you looked up at the sun. The top of the Magnolia Cathedral was always a calming place that you found since moving to Magnolia. "There you are." Laxus's familiar voice shakes you out your wandering thoughts.

"Yeah here I am." You smile patting the roof top next to you to give him a signal to sit down. "So this is where you go after completing a job huh?" Laxus smirks glancing at you. "Well yeah, look at this view and I can seriously stack up some sun rays up here it's pretty much perfect." You hold a little light power in your hands playing around with it.

It was silent as you and Laxus watched the sunset together. It wasn't awkward silence but comforting silence. You've been dating for a little while now but you haven't kissed yet.

It's not that you didn't want to it's just that you didn't know how. "Hey Laxus..." Your question was cut off with a sweet kiss placed on your lips. Your eyes went wide, they then relaxed and you enjoyed the moment. This moment you would never forget.

He pulls back, your left breathless staring in his eyes filled with joy. "I knew what you were gonna ask me (Y/N)" he smirks. You put both of your hands over his cheeks and pull him close to you kissing him once more. The feeling of bliss warms your heart.

—————

The Present

All those years of dating meant nothing right this moment. Laxus was not the enemy of Fairy Tail his own guild.

"Laxus don't make me do this..." you hold your stance.

"Do your worst." He takes off his headphones. "Bandit Revolver!" You call out the spell, large amounts of solar energy shoots out from your hands. Laxus blocks all of them by jumping out the way.

He shoots his lighting energy at you, you barely roll out the way. Your hair was all over the place due to static. "Great." You huff out.

You knew this wasn't going to be easy, time for a little upgrade. You turn your magic energy to Elemental Dragon Slayer Magic. You gained Natsu's fire magic not to long ago after he challenged you to battle. Half of your hair turns red and your aura was beaming yellow.

"Elemental Magic eh? You really want to beat me don't you sweetheart?" Laxus cackles. "Want to? No...but once your an enemy of Fairy Tail of course."

"Volcanic Viper!" You pound your fist to the ground a hammer like force rains down on Laxus. You run up and kick him in the chest, he catches your leg, you counter by punching him in the face. You jump from his frame, he hits you with a lighting bolt sending you flying. "AGH!" You cry out he kept the voltage up on high, the electricity radiated through your body.

Your back in your regular form on the ground. He starts to laugh. "Your holding back (Y/N) I can tell. I know when your actually determined, you can never defeat me because you still love me." Laxus hits your body with more lighting.

"(Y/N)!" You year a combination of two voices. It was Erza and Nastu. "Your hurting your own girlfriend?!" Erza shouts back at Laxus holding you in her arms. Natsu begins to attack Laxus out of your defense.

"Erza please take down those lacrimas in the sky. I have to protect her at all cost!" You hold her looking in her eyes. She looks at you and sets you down gently. Not asking a single question she calls out to Natsu.

"Natsu! I'm leaving you and (Y/N) to take care of this!" Erza smiles and runs off. "Aw come on I wanted to take him down myself!" Nastu whines.

You get up and smack the back of his head, "No way Natsu so stop complaining." You cross your arms.

"He's going to be tough so I need you to not lose focus." Natsu comments. You give a bewildered look, "Me?! I should be saying that to you Mr. Destruction!" You scoff.

"Fire Dragon Roar!"

"Solar Dragon Roar!"

You both rage out your powers towards Laxus. He somehow dodged it and takes you both out to the other side of the Cathedral. "I'm tired of both of you!"

Laxus gathers up major Lighting energy and shoots it towards you both. This was going to kill you!

You feel someone throw you over their shoulder before the blasts hit. When the room was clear you can tell you were on Gajeel. Your butt was in his peripheral vision. You blushed slightly and coughed awkwardly. "Gajeel thanks...." you hold onto him as he jumps down with Natsu at his hands.

You get down from his shoulder and stand in the middle. "Oh wow who would've thought you all would come together and try to take me down." Laxus chuckles.

"Look I'm going to be the one to take down Laxus, I'm not working with you Gajeel!" Natsu shouts.
"Salamander look at him. Is that the same guy you new almost all your life?" Gajeel bluntly asks. You look toward Laxus and sees him charging up. Then it hits you.

"I forgot Laxus was a Dragon Slayer." You thought in your head.

"What's the matter guys you scared?" Laxus taunts. You bite your tongue not feeding into his child's play. "Laxus..." you silently say to yourself.

"Let's go!" Natsu charges and Gajeel is not far behind him. You join in throwing attack after attack. "Sun Ray Blast!" Laser like powers shoot from your palms at Laxus's direction he retracts it and shoots a lighting blast back at you. "Now I think  it's time to get serious." He chuckles.

He beings to power up and rip his shirt. "I had no idea Laxus was a dragon slayer too!" Natsu shouts. He hits you with a blast so hard your all shouting in pain on the ground. Your blasted so hard that your body lands behind Laxus.

You also hear shouts from outside and lighting strikes. The thunder palace has been taken down, you chuckle, "Thank you Erza."

"Looks like your fortress has been taken down." You sit up wincing in pain.

"Shut Up (Y/N)! Your making this so much harder to even stand to look at you!" He shouts.

"All of you are my enemy's the new and improved Fairy Tail does not accept failures!" He gets into an all to familiar stance.

"Laxus!" You hear Levy come in the Cathedral.

"Levy get out of here!" Gajeel shouts to her.

"Go see the master there isn't much time he's on his death bed!" Levy shouts with emotional  pain in her voice.

Laxus just pauses and chuckles. "This makes this so much easier! With the old man gone I'll be the new Master of Fairy Tail!" He shouts with glee.

"Laxus don't do this!" You shout. Your mind races with thoughts of Aiko and Rocky, and the rest of your guild mates.

"Fairy Law." Laxus chants the spell. Everything seems to move in slow motion all you remember is running and running then all you see is white.