17

———————

———————

"(Y/N) you okay?" Erza asks you as you down another drink.

"Never better" you reply bluntly. The first day of the games was a bust, Sabertooth racked up the points and Fairy Tail didn't win any.

"You can barely look Laxus in the eye, (Y/N) what happened." Rocky asks tugging at your accessories piece of your regular outfit.

"I'm fine. Bartender another drink please!" You call out. You hear Erza sight next to you.

"Yeah lets all calm down." You overhear Laxus.

"Awe what's wrong Laxus you acting all mature because granddad is near by." You hear Gajeel taunt him. "Are you trying to get fried!" Levy pulls him back.

"Yeah Gajeel don't forget I had you running for the hills a few weeks ago." Aiko giggles and shuts him up.

You smirk and drink your drink. "That's my girl." You speak quietly to yourself.

You feel a tap on your shoulder, you turn around to see Evergreen with a red face clearly drunk as well. "We need to talk."

"Fine by me." You get up but instantly wobble and fall to your knee. Laxus raises and eyebrow at you and Aiko does the same. God they look the same.

A guy with a purple arm outfit on comes in the bar. You make eye contact with him for 4 seconds and leave the bar with Evergreen.

"What's up Evergreen?" You ask her as you both hold up each other for support.

"I just wanteddd~ to apologize to you about today I didn't mean to start anything...." she burps.

"Oh that...yeah it's okay I knew you were just teasing it's just that Laxus is so..."

"Hardheaded? A man-child?" She throws out words.

"Yes." You giggle.

"He cares a lot about you (Y/N)...he wants to change for you and Aiko." Evergreen spills out.

"I'll see it then I'll believe it."

"Trust me. He means well, you two have been together for 8 years I'm surprised you two aren't even married." She giggles.

You start to choke on your own spit at the word married. It never even crossed your mind of Laxus and you getting married at all! You calm down and clutch your heart.

"Calm down I'm not saying he's going to propose (Y/N)." Evergreen rolls her eyes. You sigh and shake your head.

"Well this is me." She points to the cream stone building in front of you. "Have a nice night Evergreen." You wave her off.

"(Y/N)..?"
"Yeah."
"Please consider what I said, Laxus does love and care for you." With that she leaves you out in the street alone.

"Consider What He says mehh!" You mock her tone. Your walking down the street wobbling from side to side.

You bump into someone. Someone who smells really familiar. You being to turn around and say sorry but the person already left. "Luc-?"

"(Y/N)!" You hear Laxus' voice call out to you.

"Oh god damn it what?!" You raise you head in the air and groan.

"Why are you still out?" He asked concerned.

"Because I am Laxus I'm not a child." You roll your eyes and begin to walk away. He grabs your wrist and turns you toward him.

"Your setting a bad example for Aiko." He grits his teeth.
"Oh? I'm setting a bad example?! You've been in her life for what maybe 5 months and suddenly you know everything?!" You begin to raise your voice.

"That's because your selfish ass kept her from me!" He let's go of your wrist and takes a step back to yell at you.

"I only kept her from you because you were acting like an asshole and you were probably going to break up with me that week I left before my made up mission. We weren't happy with each other Laxus don't even deny it!"

"You didn't make an effort to even tell me (Y/N)!"

"I DID! Gods your so stupid! You messed the Fantasia parade I was going to tell you but you decided to go on a tantrum spree and almost kill everyone!" You didn't mean to say that. But it slipped out.

Laxus looks at you and begins to start his sentence but it never comes out.

"Both of you stop!!" Aiko shouts getting between you two. Gramps is right behind her.

"If this is how either of you are going to act you both will be put off your teams! This is a family and I will not allow this behavior." Master says stern.

You take a step back, a tear rolls down your face. "Both of you are acting like children! Think about me okay! I went through a lot to get you both in my life don't ruin it now." Aiko starts.

"And dad did you really almost kill people...." she looks at Laxus with her big (e/c) eyes.

The air gets really silent.

"Yes..." Laxus sighs looking down.

"....okay...mom lets go." Aiko walks down the street.

"Laxus I'm-.."

"Save it (Y/N), Just save it." He walks the other direction.

You follow after Aiko and with regret in your heart.