03

"Mom!", Youngjae raised his voice at the elder woman who was busy folding the freshly washed clothes. Her son's reaction to the situation was not quite what she was expecting.

"I knew we weren't well-off but I didn't think it was this bad!"

She sighed as she closed her eyes for a moment as if to wish for all this to be over. 

"Youngjae, it's not like I asked for this. It's a great chance to make money! D-Do you even realize where this will get us?", she continued as Youngjae paced the living room floor, making her a little dizzy.

"They're a good family -- not only in wealth but personality. Who knows, you might end up liking him."

Youngjae stopped in his tracks and turned to his mother, "Oh, as if! All rich men are snobs, eomma. I understand that it'll bring you to a higher position and that we need the money but there has to be another--"

"There isn't. Just give it a chance, will you?"

Youngjae contemplated whether or not he would go through with the plan. They needed the money, of course but he wasn't going to marry someone he didn't know just for it. Not especially a rich narcissist who wasn't even gay to begin with. 

"I'm sorry. I can't and nothing's going to change my mind about it."

~

"I can't believe you convinced me to do this.", Youngjae nagged again which seemed like the nth time that one car ride. His mom had eventually gotten him on board with at least meeting Jaebum, and that was all thanks to a certain sentence that included his younger brother's future. 

"Come on, it'll be fun. Now, straighten up.", his mom said as she reached to the passenger's seat to fix his button up. 

"I wish I would've been able to buy you a better outfit. That's probably what Jaebum sleeps in.", she said, trying to laugh but they both knew it was possible. 

Upon reaching their destination, Youngjae climbed out of the car first once they were able to park. He dusted off his dress pants and fixed his collar and they both approached the building, waiting to be sent to the third floor where a certain someone was also becoming cranky.

~

Jaebum sat in his leather seat, dressed in all black and his signature jelled back ebony hair. His heart raced quickly for a reason he wasn't sure of but he didn't like it. Why would this person make him nervous? It's not like it's gonna exceed to anything, he thought. 

His mother sat on his left, her long peach dress covering her thin, crossed legs. She waited anxiously and continuously tapped her index finger on the armrest, annoying her son. 

"What is that?", he asked in annoyance, eyebrows furrowed.

"That noise, stop it."

"Will you better your mood? You're not going to leave a good impression on him if you're acting this way."

"Maybe I don't wanna."

"Jaeb--" Just then, a knock on the door was heard. The elder woman sat up from her seat and opened the door, to be greeted with her assistant and the two faces she had been anticipating to see. She dismissed the employee and welcomed Youngjae and his mother who were both feeling nervous and somewhat nauseated.

Jaebum stood from his seat, a cold expression on his face which scared Youngjae's mom but ignored it for now anyway. They were both asked to sit across each pair and sat in an awkward silence for about ten seconds before Jaebum's mom decided to speak. 

"Well. Uh, thank you for deciding to meet us today uh...", she trailed indicating that this would be the time for Youngjae to introduce himself.

"Youngjae. Ma'am.", he said with a small smile. 

"Uh yes! Youngjae. Thank you for coming in. I'm sure you've heard about my son and our offer to you and your mother."

Hell yea, I've heard about it. I've had it shoved down my throat, Youngjae thought to himself but masked it all with a smile. 

Through it all, Jaebum sat comfortably on his seat, not making eye contact with anyone but listened to all that surrounded him. His mother went on about how great this opportunity would be for both families and tried her best to make it sound as if it wasn't all about money but they all knew it was. Youngjae's mom nodded to it all and laughed at the small jokes here and there to ease the tension.

"Well, maybe we can give the two of you some time alone. Y'know, to uh make acquaintances.", Jaebum's mother suggested as both she and Youngjae's slowly stood from their seats. As the two males were about to protest, the elder women had already exited through the door, with a click behind them. 

And then there were two. 

It was the first time that Jaebum had laid his eyes on Youngjae. Despite having been in the same room for a while now, he had just decided to give him a look. He was small in his eyes -- vulnerable, soft, and very much a pushover. The younger on the other hand, sat uncomfortably and withered in his seat. He played with his sweaty hands and avoided Jaebum's stare. 

"Let me make something clear to you, little one.", Jaebum had begun.

"I'm not gay.", he sternly said.

"I'm not into guys, I don't do fluffy shit nor do I approve of any of this."

Youngjae felt his heart drop for a quick second. It seemed like Jaebum had already hated him despite not even knowing much about him.

"I'm not gay, either.", he said. Which was true, one could say. He was bisexual -- he liked both genders. 

"Tell that to your pink furry socks.", Jaebum said with a scowl as he eyed Youngjae's feet. The younger immediately looked to his ankles, and lo and behold his socks were peeping through. He felt more comfortable wearing fluffy socks since they made him feel cozy, and he was just lucky his mom didn't see them.

Jaebum chuckled a little once he saw how embarrassed the younger had become. 

"I know your situation, and you know mine. So for the sake of both our families, I'm just doing everyone a favour.", Youngjae spoke quietly. 

Jaebum leaned his torso across the small coffee table between the two of them, not breaking eye contact with Youngjae.

"I'm not a favour. So if you're really serious about doing this, then you are in for a nightmare."