04

Youngjae climbed out of the back seat of the car that belonged to his now spouse' family. The driver hopped off as well and gathered his belongings from the trunk, placing them in front of Youngjae. 

"I'll have the servants bring your suitcases in, sir.", he said and left before Youngjae could protest. He stood in the front garden with the small trees and patches of flowers surrounding him. On his left was a small pond with a little bridge running across where the koi would occasionally hide under. 

He stood in awe of the large house in front of him which would become his home, and admired but studied the exterior. The front door was made of heavy glass, a stained glass image of what seemed to be an ox or a boar decorating it. One of the walls was not a wall at all but a full window from the ceiling to the ground. 

It's so different from home, he thought just before he felt a tap on his shoulder. 

"We'll take your belongings, sir.", a young woman spoke. She wore a white button up with black dress pants, her hair in a low bun. She took hold of his small backpack while two older men dressed in the same attire, dragged his suitcases away. 

He followed them into his now new home and into the dining room where more servants, or what he preferred to see them as, helpers, were lined up in a row. 

"Good afternoon, Mister Choi.", they said in unison. Youngjae's brows furrowed in confusion for he had never been called Mister Choi by so many people in such a respectful and submissive way. 

"J-Just Youngjae, please.", he insisted, waving his hands in front of them. 

An older woman chuckled, approaching him with a cane in hand. 

"I'm afraid we can't refer to you as anything else asides from your or your spouse' last name.", she said in quite a raspy voice. 

"So you can call Jaebum Mister Choi?"

The elder shook her head lightly, "That's not how it works here, sir." This made Youngjae tilt his head, a little upset that the same rules didn't apply to them both.

"Anyway, I'm Missus Baek. I'm the head of this team and we're more than happy to welcome you home. We hope we'll make it a comfortable stay for you since you'll be here awhile."

~

Youngjae sat on the sofa placed in the largest living room he had ever seen. Missus Baek had just finished showing him around the home and had asked him to roam while the cooks prepared his lunch. He looked around him seeing there was no television in the room which had confused him considering how rich Jaebum's family was. 

On his right was a small square table where a few framed photographs were placed, one of them being a young boy on a swing. He figured it was Jaebum, seeing the similar shape of eyes. 

Why do you not smile like this, anymore?

~

~ Earlier that day ~

"Let's get this over with.", Jaebum said sternly as he sat next to Youngjae at the town hall office. The two had decided to just get married within minutes and call it a day. 

Youngjae wiggled in his seat, waiting for it all to be over. When it was, he signed the certification delicately and just thought of the reason behind his doing, his mom and brother. Jaebum on the other hand, signed quickly and vigorously, dropping the pen carelessly once he finished. 

"I'll be at work the rest of the day. Simon'll bring you to the house.", the elder said as they walked out the front. 

"I still don't wanna live with you.", Youngjae said, not meeting Jaebum's eyes and fiddling with his fingers.