12

"I'm telling you, he did not stop screaming until they got him out of the water.", Seungjae  laughed hysterically, clutching his stomach. He was currently telling Youngjae the incident with Jaebum and the yacht and how his alpha-self had jumped into the water, all to realize he was afraid of the ocean.

"Y-You're kidding.", Youngjae laughed loudly, tears brimming his eyes. Jaebum was quick to smack his cousin before clasping his mouth to avoid him from embarrassing him any longer. 

The youngest wiped his eyes, still laughing at the story. He quickly dismissed himself to the restroom to check his appearance, leaving the cousins alone. 

"So," Seungjae started once they had both calmed down. Jaebum folded his arms, listening attentively. 

"I've only been here for three days and I can already tell what's been goin' on.", Seungjae teased, raising his eyebrows. The elder tsked, leaning back as if to brush off the teasing. 

"How did the family react to it, though?"

"Well, they knew it was arranged but what they didn't expect was that y'know --"

"You hesitate like it's a bad thing. Listen, I think he's great, I really do. But my dad...", Seungjae winced, tilting his head a little. 

Jaebum thought of the night of the argument and the scene that had taken place, quickly apologizing to his cousin. "Don't worry about it -- actually I'm sorry. I spoke to your little one a couple days ago and y'know how dad is, he's never accepting. Let's just move passed it. " Seungjae gave him yet another smile with his perfect set of teeth, relieving Jaebum. 

Right then, Youngjae returned to his seat next to Jaebum. However, the elder didn't miss the up-and-down look that his cousin had given his spouse. 

~

Youngjae folded the duvet over his stomach, cuddling close to Jaebum as he laid his head on his stomach. The night was cool and the wind had somewhat of a crisp addition to it. He ran his palm over the elder's chest, closing his eyes for a moment. 

"So what do you think about Seungjae?", Jaebum asked quietly, as to not startle the younger who was trying to fall asleep. 

"I like him a lot, actually. Y'know, he told me about his dad and why he did what he did. It seems they're not at all alike."

Youngjae hummed quietly, still running his palm over Jaebum's torso trying to warm himself up as much as he could. Jaebum stared blankly at the ceiling, still thinking about his recent conversation with his cousin and the uneasy look he had given Youngjae. 

Perhaps it was him being overprotective. Perhaps his cousin didn't mean anything by it.  Or perhaps he hadn't realized that Seungjae was no longer the young teen whom he once knew. 

Mark quietly tapped his foot to the soft beat of the music playing in the café. Next to him, sat Yugyeom who sipped his chocolate Frappuccino while scrolling through his phone. They were waiting for Youngjae to arrive and though Jinyoung wanted to join, he was called into work at the last minute. 

"Could you be any louder?!", Mark growled at Yugyeom, annoyed at the sipping noises he was making.

"What? I've to get every drop.", Yugyeom responded, a little muffled due to the straw still in his mouth. Right then, Youngjae walked through the door noticing Mark right away. 

After a while of catching up, Mark shifted his body towards Youngjae to ask him a question. 

"Jinyoung told me you've met Seungjae? What do you think about him?", he asked somewhat suspiciously.