Chapter 14

Millie's P.O.V

"Jake. I'm pregnant."
"Wha- Are you Serious?!"
"Nooo, I'm joking. Yes I'm pregnant!"
"That's amazing news!"
"I'm know! I'm so excited!!"

---

I can't believe it either, an addition to my life, I'm not even married yet and I have a child on the way! It's currently spring break, I've been out of school for a shit ton of days but I hardly care. Jake and I are going back next week even though I should still be in the hospital, my concussion isn't too bad now. All I have to do is make sure I don't slam it against anything. Seems easy.

I'm still into the sweatshirts but I've come out of the hole of depression I've been living in for all those years. I only wear sweatshirts when Gemini keeps the AC on and when I'm truly freezing. "Gemini. I think it's time to go shopping."

We all head over to the store searching for t-shirts and shorts because soon enough, Summer will be here. I found enough shirts and shorts to supply me for a month of outfits. Gemini takes me to the maternity section because soon enough I'll need those. We choose a few and meet Jake over by the baby section. He is currently looking through unisexual items because it is too early to receive a gender yet.

Once we finished there, we headed towards the registers and because neither Jake or I have started working quite yet, Gemini pays. "Thanks Ma. I- I really appreciate it" I say as tears start to form in my eyes and Jake comforts me with a warm hand soothing my back. She says as she puts her card away "You're expecting and you're like my daughter, I'm not going to throw you on the street and make you pay for it yourself. It is fine." I smile and help load the bags in the cart.

---

Four months Later

"Ow. It just kicked me again"
"Baby, you'll be fine, it's normal."
"I know but it they must be strong because that one hurt like a bitch"
"I know baby. My mom can do Ultrasounds at the hospital if you'd rather have her do them."
"That would be great. Thanks babe."
"You know it's no problem."
"I know but I appreciate all you've done, especially to help with this little one."
"Babe, I'm your boyfriend, I'd do anything to help my expecting girlfriend."
"And that's why I love you" I said wrapping my arms around him

---
Later that Evening

"Hi Ma, I'm ready for my ultrasound"
"Ok, come this way dearest."

We went into the familiar room and I laid down, ready for my ultrasound.

"You know the procedure honey. Lift the shirt."

I lifted without hesitation as I wanted to make sure my baby was okay.

"I've got great news. The great news is- You're having twins and they are both healthy!"
"Oh my goodness! That's amazing! We should go get Jake!"
"Great idea sweetie!" She headed over to the door way but I stopped her.
"Wait. I think I should go, got to get my exercise."
"Good thinking" she said before turning around and helping me up

I scurried over to the lobby and met Jake. "Come with me, I've got amazing news!" We made it back to the room where I had my ultrasounds done. "What's the news?" He asked not quite sure what to think. "We're having twins!" I shouted as he sat in shock. "W- wow!! That- That's amazing!! But-" he said "But now you're eating for three and we need to go shopping for another baby." I sighed "I know Jake, that means there is more responsibility, especially with two children but I know we can do it together."

He smiled and kissed my cheek "Its not just your responsibility,  its ours and I will do anything for you to keep us as one." As the gathering came to an end we returned home as we already had enough stress on our backs. Living in a two story house was quite difficult for a pregnant woman as the kitchen was downstairs but the comfy bed was upstairs. As the days kept going on it became more and more difficult, especially because I'm supposed to be in school. I only go in on the days I know I'll be able to make it through.