Chapter 2: Jeons and their Jobs

Author's pov

Jungkook and Yein stood in front of Sungjin with their bowed heads to avoid his gazes. Jisoo and Sungyoon witnessed the scene with a nervous expression.

"Do you know how it feels to defend you two in front of the principal for the 10th time?! What did you think you do, huh?!" Sungjin scolded the two youngest.

"Hyung, he messed with Yein. He started it." Jungkook said quietly.

"It doesn't matter what he did or who started. You know that it's wrong to revenge. You should be lucky that the principal didn't suspend you from school." Sungjin said.

"We're sorry, Oppa." Yein apologized.

"A sorry isn't enough. Anyway, that student messed with Yein only, right? Jungkook, why did you interfere in the first place?!" Sungjin asked.

"What do you expect me to do? Yein is my sister. My twin. I help her whenever I can." Jungkook explained.

"Aish! Isn't it exhausting? If one of you gets in trouble, the other will get in as well?!" Sungjin sighed.

"Yah! They're twins, Sungjin! We're a family. You can't say such things!" Jisoo exclaimed.

"I know that we're a family, but each of us should think of ourselves too." Sungjin explained.

"This won't happen. We all know that Jungkook and Yein are inseparable." Jisoo said.

"Whatever. Jungkook and Yein, Prepare yourself for work and Jisoo, go study. I will return to work too." Sungjin instructed and his siblings did what he said.

The living room was empty besides Sungyoon.

"Of course, they didn't notice me." he mumbled and left their apartment.

Jungkook's pov

Aish! Sungjin-hyung is such a party popper. No soul is safe, after messing with my little sister. Yein and I made our way to work. We are babysitters for our neighbors and known for being good ones.

Yes, we mess up a lot in school, but when it comes to babies, we know how to focus on our work. We currently took care of other twins. Two boys. Three years old. Their mother was working and the father left them. What a bastard.

"Minji, you're such a great painter!" Yein complimented one of them.

"Thank you, noona!" he hugged her tightly.

Yein looks like a caring mother. She really knows how to play with babies eventhough she's a baby herself. To me.

"Hyung, are you two a couple?" the other twin asked. Mino.

"What the ...?! No, we're siblings. Twins. Just like you and Minji." I explained to him.

"Really? The parents of my friend are just like you two together." Mino said innocently.

"Mino, we're just siblings." I said.

Yeah, siblings.

Jisoo's pov

I studied in the park with Mijoo. Studying is actually much more relaxing than taking care of my siblings. Weird, I know.

We were studying for the last exams. I really want to become an artist, so I can earn more money for my siblings. It's not just for me. It's for our future.

"I'm too tired to study. Don't you think that we did enough?" Mijoo asked.

"You can't study too much. We need to work hard." I tried to encourage her.