Chapter 3: Money problems for Jeons

Author's pov

The Jeons are in big trouble. The rent for their apartment increased drastically. All the siblings made their ways to the apartment of their landlord.

As they reached the door, Sungjin knocked at the door loudly. After a few minutes, the landmord, Mr. Han, opened the door.

"What do you want?" he asked annoyed.

"This! What is this?!" Sungjin showed him the letter.

"Aren't you able to read or are you guys just too stupid. The rent increased!" Mr. Han said firmly.

"Why did you increase it in the first place?!" Sungjin raised his voice.

"I need my money too, you know?" Mr. Han said.

"But why so drastically? It's almost twice as much as the original amount of money." Jisoo asked.

"Like I already said. I. Need. My. Money. Too!" Mr. Han empathized every word.

"Tch. You just need to pay your bills, right?" Jungkook scoffed.

"What did you say, you little brat?!" Mr. Han exclaimed.

"He is right. You should stop wasting your money for alcohol." Yein fought for her brother.

"Yah! Shut up!" Mr. Han raised his arm to slap Yein.

Jungkook caught his wrist and glared dangerously at him. The other siblings were impressed by his fast reflexes.

"Don't. Touch. My. Sister." he said seriously and let go of his wrist.

"What's the point of whining for you? I won't change it anyway. It's not a problem for the other residents." Mr. Han asked.

"Do you know how hard we work to gain enough money?" Sungyoon asked.

"Then work harder! It's none of my business!" Mr. Han said and closed the door.

"Yah! Open the door, you little piece of shit!" Jungkook shouted.

"Jungkook, stop it! The other residents will be mad, if they hear us." Jisoo held his arm.

"We can't let that happen!" Yein said.

"Yein is right. We need to do something against it." Sungyoon said.

"Let's go. We will figure something out." Sungjin left and his siblings followed him from behind.

Sungjin's pov

What should we do now?! My siblings and I returned back to our apartment and discussed the problem in the living room.

"We definitely need to work more." Yein said.

"How are we supposed to do that? Three of us still go to school and one goes to college." Sungyoon pointed out.

"I can ask my boss for a salary increase." I suggested.

"That isn't enough. We won't be able to pay the rent." Jisoo said.

"How about we sell some of our belongings?" Yein suggested.

"This would be a start, but it won't be enough." I said.

"Then we need to skip school." Jungkook suggested.

"What?!" I exclaimed.

"I agree on it." Yein raised her arm.

"No, you won't skip school! It will affect your grades and you can't pass the year!" I said.

"Hyung, this might be the only solution we have to get more money." Jungkook said.