Human Tenacity v. Alien Tyrant

UNIVERSAL ACES, ALLIANCE PAPER - Jovena

We all thought that humans were simple creatures. Considering their late entrance of the great exploration of space and relatively juvenile technology, we assumed we were right. Many members of the Quinetesson and Kevan'k races have judged them to be pets. Easily controlled, slaves by natural design. These premisconceptions have been proven false by a recent bloodying of our histories.

This is Jovena of the Hok'l, Alliance reporter, and I have come to Suon's second moon to observe the battlefield myself. The humans, against all odds have won against Fery'kon. As many across the stars know, Fery'kon was a feared Quintesson oppressor. He ravaged and pillaged what he wanted with no regards to whose lives he was ruining. This human, 'Anakin,' was the leader of the uprising. Surprisingly, the human was amenable to an interview even after all he must have faced. Below our conversation is written.

[Jovena] I must say it's quite a feat to have defeated Fery'kon. But how did you do it?
—'Anakin' merely grins at this, gesturing towards the group of humans going through various activities around the encampment.—
[Anakin] It wasn't just me— it was all of us, working together to get home. A lot of us have families ya know.
—He didn't answer my original question, but something else quickly came to mind. His answer, my dear readers was surprising as much as it was confusing.—
[Jovena] I see. Though that begs the question; why did you do it? The survivors of his many other encampments all said that it was easier just obeying the tyrant. What lead you to want to defeat him in the first place?
—At first 'Anakin' appeared angry, but his expression quickly calmed. And I could only think that Boeing down and submitting just wasn't human nature as we had all previously believed. Food for the thought, if nothing else.—
[Anakin] He took us from our homes and liveliehoods. We may not be as advanced as other races, but it would seem that we are a helluva lot more determined. None of us would give up on going home. Not until we made it, or died.
—As a Hok'l I am of course, an empath. For the beginning of the conversation, 'Anakin's aura was calm, if a little irritated. When he answered my second question, I could feel that he believed his words to be complete truth. The evidence leaves this reporter to wonder, just how wrong were we these past meta-cycles?—
[Jovena] Oh. Well thank you for answering my questions. You've given me and my readers a lot to think about. I hope you all return home safely.
—'Anakin' gave me a parting smile with his last words, turning to direct some other humans afterwards.—
[Anakin] We will. I have a name to live up to, after all.

And with those confusing words the crew and I headed back to our shuttle. Humans seemed to be much more intelligent than we gave them credit for. The Alliance has yet to forge a treaty with Earth, the humans homeworld, but with more examples of their sentience and tenacity over their home and loved ones appearing across the galaxies, one would think that the Alliance would do so quickly. I expect that the story of Suon's second moon will spread quickly. Especially tales of 'Anakin's brilliance and strength.

We once thought that humans were little more than smart pets. As proven this joor, we were incorrect on our assumption. If humans continue to intermingle out in the depths of space, this reporter can't help but look forward to—and fear, just a little—what may come of it. This has been Jovena of the Hok'l, reporting on the Suon Moon incident. Until next time.

Humans Are Space Orcs - Vol. 1जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें