Eleven

"Do you know anything that is happening on the day?" You asked Chris, jutting a hip out and raising your eyebrows at the sheepishly looking, tall man.

"I know that I am marrying the best girl there is." He offers with a smile, you roll your (E/C) eyes at him.

"Charmin'" you mutter, "Chris, this is serious! It's your wedding day too, what do you want? Seriously, you can't leave it to alternate me."

"Honestly, I just want to show up in a tux with our family and closest friends, for her not to leave me at the altar, say our vows and have a fuckin' great reception," he shrugged simply, side smile," OH! And for Dodger, our dog to be there" He grinned happily.

"I don't think she'd, well, I'd leave you at the altar." You smile slightly, flipping through a few magazines.

"I know that but I'm nervous, ya'know?" he sighed and asked, "what tux should I wear?"

You chuckled lightly as Chris pushed a few references your way, honestly, you never expected to be planning a wedding; especially your own, not that you haven't thought about it but you just never gave yourself that kind of hope of a family.

"I like the Gucci one, black tuxedos are nice, maybe that light grey Paul Smith one is nice too," you mutter to mainly yourself, Chris listening intently.

"Have you spoken to Steve?" he asked casually, looking at you as you stared at the photos, and you shake your head once at him? "I think he is getting attached to Hayley, I don't want to worry anyone but this could be bad, considering."

You looked up at Chris, getting the drift of what he is saying, sighing lightly "I know. I wish there was something I could say or do but the only person who will get through to him is Bucky." He nods once.

"Just try? I know you think he won't listen but hey, worth a shot, especially since you two are close friends already maybe hearing it from you would be better?" Chris asked, flipping open another wedding magazine "saying that, I gotta go find Robert, he's helping with tux's; doesn't want to clash on designers or whatever" he rolled his bright blue eyes, you chuckled.

"Of course, no one can clash with Downey that will be social suicide!" you tell him, hopping off of the kitchen stool, he laughed loudly.

"So, you do have Mean Girls here then?" he asked, you nodded with a scoff.

"Of course, Tony made Steve and Bucky sit and watch it, it was a beautiful moment and afterwards Bucky kept quoting it for around a month."

"Okay, but did Steve wear pink on Wednesday's?" Chris asked seriously.

"We all did. Even Vision got involved, it was a weird June." You sigh gently, causing Chris to laugh slightly harder at you.

About Thirty Minutes

You eventually find Steve in the gym, alone and punching a bag, frowning gently you slowly walk up to the super soldier; it had been a while since you had seen him beat a bag the way he is, normally whenever he gets this worked up it's from nightmares he rarely has or from a stressful mission.

"Steve?" you called.

He instantly stops, grabbing the bag as it swings back towards him; he turns his face slightly towards you and is breathing heavily. You knew you knew why he was this worked up, you didn't want to outright ask him but you didn't want dance around this subject.

"I thought I told you, you could always talk to me before taking it out on those poor bags?" A small smile towards him, he chuckled once before unwrapping his hands, walking to the bench and sitting down, you followed and sat beside him, "C'mon, tell me, what's botherin' you?"