Chapter 9

Warning: Ass kicking 

(Y/N) was putting on the dress they bought a few days ago, after Nikki just finished doing her hair and makeup. After putting on the dress, (Y/N) realizes that she does not have shoes to go with the dress, "Nikki, I just realized that I don't have any heels to go with the dress. What should I do?" "I have some blush Louis Vuitton that you can have if they fit. I am not a fan of them, but it would suit the dress," Nikki assures from behind the door. (Y/N) open the door with wide eyes, "I can't accept that, Nikki! Those shoes must cost a fortune." Nikki grabs the young woman's arm and drags her to her room; (Y/N) has never been in her room before. "Non-sense! What have I been constantly telling you? I don't need them and it seems that you do, just think of it as a favour," Nikki states while going into the closet to get the stuff, "Oh, I also have a necklace that I not a fan of anymore. I received it as a gift; I did not like then and I still don't like it now." Nikki comes out with a pair of blush open toe heels and a diamond necklace that had a vague shape of a four leaf clover. "Nikki, these are very nice. Thank you so much," (Y/N) thanks, knowing not to argue anymore with the mother figure. Nikki hands them over to her, "You're welcome, dear."

(Y/N) left the room after helping Nikki get ready and makes her way over to her own room. She leaves the heels at her door and puts on the necklace; then gets her clutch ready before Tom can come and get her. She hears a knock at the door and goes to answer it with her clutch and heels in her hand. She opens it to see Tom in a black tux with a blue bow tie that matched her dress, "Don't you look handsome. I see that your bow tie matches my dress, but how I don't know because you were not supposed to see my dress before the ball." Tom smiles at her and runs a hand threw his hair whilst laughing. "I may or may not have asked my mom to help me buy a matching bow tie. I wanted the people at the ball to know that we are there together because some of the younger guys seems to think that any young woman going to these sort of events alone are theirs to keep hitting on," he explains. (Y/N) puts on the heels and loops her arms with Tom's; they start heading over to the family limo. "Mm, sounds like someone I know," she teases whilst laughing. Tom looks at her like she was the most important person in the world and thought 'Well maybe a certain someone came around, and changed me'.

They get to the event after a very amusing conversation about Paddy's thoughts on the Gilles, a wealthy family that were quite snobby. (Y/N) walks into the event place and it was very beautiful; there were beautiful chandeliers hanging from the ceiling and the place looks like a palace. "This place is beautiful," she says in amazement. "Not as beautiful as you," Tom whispers into her ear. They descend the stairs into the ball room filled with people; they both laugh when they see Paddy rush past them over to a waiter with some hors d'oeuvres. "That was so cheesy. What happens at these things anyways," she giggles with Tom's arms around her shoulder. Tom laughs with her, "Sorry, I guess I'll have to work on my flirting. I mostly chat with the people attending, then around 8:00 p. we have dinner," he explains, "They are normally pretty good, but quite small. We dance for a little and then talk; sometimes it gets kind of boring, but you are here so I don't think it could be boring." (Y/N) nods her head and stays silent whilst Tom talks to some other businessmen.

She notices that Paddy was alone looking sad at another girl dancing with someone else. (Y/N) was not very interested in the conversation between Tom and the older gentleman about their companies, so she decides to head over to him. She stands beside him and looks at the girl, "Are you okay, Paddy?" "That girl is Paisley Gilles. When I was little, I had such a big crush on her, but when I told her all she did was make fun of me. She said that no girl could love me and want to dance with me. She has always been mean to me," Paddy explains sadly. "Hey, she was right. No girl could understand what a gentleman you are and only chase after stupid boys. She is however wrong about no girl wanting to dance with you, so how about we make her jealous," (Y/N) proposes while extending her hand inviting him to dance. Paddy takes her hand and leads the dance; they had an entertaining whispered conversation that certainly caused Paisley jealously.