[DRAFTS] voicemail #35

VOICEMAIL FOR
"him"

"Alright. The little slip-up from last night, the reminiscing on moments in our relationship, is something I'm going to stop doing. It's going to be hard, probably the most difficult thing I can force myself to do, but I'm obviously doing myself no favours by lingering in the past. After the three left, I sat for a while and made a deal with myself. Your name, your face, your voice, you, will not be a thought in my head until I've gotten into bed and have nothing else to do. There's no way I could just get over you. It's impossible when it comes to you, Finn shit. Sorry. It's not easy forgetting about someone you used to be head over heels for, you know? But I have to push myself to not focus on your absence all the time. Otherwise, what the hell would I be doing with my life? It's just not healthy. So, bit by bit, in time, you will be nothing but a memory. A good dream with a sour ending. For now, you will be nothing but a random contact on my phone whose voicemail drafts I will use to vent, to say what I have to say before I collapse. I promise to myself that you will no longer be more than that. There will be slip-ups, which I'll try my hardest to limit, but this is when things change. Sincerely. One day, one day I'll have the courage to genuinely cut you off. Until then, see you next time."

MESSAGE SAVED TO DRAFTS
04/24/24
11:48 PM
_____