Chapter Twenty-Six: Blaine

I honestly don't think it is possible to have a boyfriend as great as Kurt. I'm serious. He is absolutely perfect. Let's put aside the fact that he's drop dead gorgeous. He has been nothing but totally understanding and considerate throughout this whole fiasco with my family. And on top of that he’s just the kindest, funniest, most beautiful boy I know. And I couldn’t have asked for anyone better.

I felt great after singing “The Way I Am” to Kurt. I felt like in me singing him that song, an idea that had been brewing in my head since New York, I had effectively conveyed everything I felt to Kurt. It was a perfect moment between the two of us, which led to plenty more perfect moments...

"Hey, Blaine?" the blissful silence of another perfect evening was broken by Kurt.

It was two days after I sang to Kurt. The summer heat was unbearable outside, and even with the air conditioning at full blast around the house, it was still miserably hot. Kurt and I were both sprawled out on his bed, in front of a fan that blew cool air into our faces, a slight improvement from the misery we would be facing otherwise.

"Hey, Kurt?" I shot back in a playful manner. Kurt paused and bit his lip.

"I think it's my turn to sing to you."

My eyes widened in shock. Of course, after singing to Kurt, I hadn’t expected anything in return. I really just wanted an outlet for my feelings. So to hear this offer from Kurt surprised me. "Really?"

"Yeah. I mean, you sang me that Ingrid song yesterday, and it seemed to encompass all of your feeling really well and I kind of wanted to respond with mine. If you don't mind, I mean."

"Of course I don't mind,” I said, quickly. “but Kurt, you really don't have to-"

"Blaine, I want to.” he interrupted, with a soft smile that all but melted me away. “I wanted to sing you this awhile ago, but... you know... stuff happened."

And then I remembered the boombox outside my house that afternoon. With the bedazzled iPod (it must have been Rachel’s) with Come What May from Moulin Rouge playing. Kurt was going to sing me that song then, and as I realized he was going to sing it to me now, my heart started pounding out of my chest in excitement.

Kurt coughed lightly. “I was going to do it with actual music then, but I don’t have it any more. I’m probably just going to do it acapella. I’m sure it’ll be almost as-”

“Kurt, it’ll be perfect.” I whispered, cutting off his little ramble. He gave me a sideways smile as he sat up straight and cleared his throat. He started singing gently, very quietly, his voice barely above a whisper, but growing in intensity as he kept on singing.

Never knew I could feel like this
Like I've never seen the sky before
Want to vanish inside your kiss
Everyday I love you more and more
Listen to my heart can you hear it sing
Telling me to give you everything
Seasons may change winter to spring
But I love you until the end of time
Come what may, come what may
I will love you until my dying day...”

I remembered that this song was a duet, so I quickly started up Satine’s part of the song before Kurt could get to it. We were going to show our love together.

Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place
Suddenly it moves with such a perfect grace
Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste
It all revolves around you
And there's no mountain too high no river too wide
Sing out this song and I'll be there by your side
Storm clouds may gather and stars may collide
But I love you I love you until the end of time...

Kurt had tears springing up in his eyes, and I was definitely crying at this point. We took on the last part together, our voices strong and soaking with emotion.

Come what may come what may
I will love you until my dying day
Oh come what may come what may
I will love you oh i will love you
Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place
Come what may come what may
I will love you until my dying day...”

Without a second’s hesitation, I caught Kurt’s lips in a searing kiss.

“I don’t deserve you.” I breathed, barely an inch away from his face. Kurt laughed as he pulled away.

“Oh, put a sock in it. You deserve everything, Blaine. If anything, I don’t deserve you.”

I looked down and away, ashamed of myself. I’m making excuses again, which I’ve been trying not to do, but somehow I can’t help it. “I’m broken, Kurt.”

Kurt looks at me firmly, his blue eyes meeting hazel, gripping my shoulders tight.

“You’re not broken. You’ve gone through some really tough times, but you’ve pulled through them and you’ve become stronger because of it. We both have. And because of that, I love you. We can overcome anything now. You and I.”

“You are the love of my life, Kurt.” I said, wiping the tears off my cheek with my sleeve. I meant every last syllable of that, and I could only hope that Kurt felt it.

“And you are mine.” With that, Kurt kissed me, soft and slow. I melted away, just like I did every single time we kiss. “Now come on, Satine. I’m dying to beat the heat. Let’s go get some popsicles.”

Kurt leapt up and started down the stairs, into the kitchen with a skip in his step, and I followed, my heart aglow. I never knew it was even remotely possible to be anywhere near this happy, or this in love.

And to think that summer isn’t even over.

In the course of a couple weeks, we’ve gone through a lot. We’ve dealt with homophobia at it’s worse, my own hateful father, and on top of that, my neglectful mother. It’s more than most couples can say. But despite all of that, we’ve learned from it. We took the hardships and used them to build our love stronger. Kurt will take me the way I am, and we will both love each other, come what may, until our dying days.

Our love songs are perfect. Every time I hear them, I will think of these days, when Kurt loved me and cared for me, unconditionally, although something tells me he always will. I’ll think of us, and our undeniable bond. And lastly, I’ll think of my love for Kurt, which grows greater and greater with every passing minute.

Oh, there you are. I’ve been looking for you forever.