Chapter 29: Lazy Sunday

"I'm never letting you out of my sights from now on."

My headache worsened as I pinched the bridge of my nose. I looked down at my husband who had wrapped his arms around my middle and rested his head against my thigh a prominent pout on his face.

I guess I wasn't getting off the bed anytime soon.

I was already in my nightclothes while he was in a clean pair of clothes since he just got back from the bath tents.

Exhaustion made my limbs heavy I rolled my eyes and teased. "Who knew you would be the jealous type?"

I felt his body tense as he glared up at me.

I shot him a playful smile as he gave a grumpy huff. "I am not. I just don't like it when that deceased king flirts with you every second."

I let out a deep sigh, and continued working on my plans. Priam had found out that the late king of pelgia had taken a sudden interest in me romantically and was no having any of it.

My eyes continued to scan my reference source as I grabbed one of my in work battle plans and scribbled a few notes down.

I had to get as much work done as I could with plans and around the camp since I was not allowed to go on the battle field anymore.

Priam's huge hand continued to rub small circles into my back the soothing motion filling me with peace.

I knew that psycho kings flirting was nothing but I had to admit it was kind of nice to see that I could make him this possessive of me.

I yawned as the afternoon sun streamed its way into our tent. I looked outside the tent the familiar bustle of the camp present. I started rubbing my stomach out of habit tracing light circles as I could feel a slight bump under my shirt.

Priam took notice and smiled warmly as his huge hand rested over mine. "How you feeling?"

I hummed and answered. "I'm fine, really tired, but fine."

Warm pink and orange sunlight illuminated the tent the rays of light interweaving in my hair as Priam kissed my knuckles.

I rolled my eyes and kissed my husband's cheek as I explained "You have nothing to worry about, no force on this planet could ever make me stop loving you."

"I know, my star."

I comfortable smile rested on my face as I continued my work the two of us just enjoying each other's company.

My hand traced my stomach while Priam kept rubbing my back soothingly.

"Do you think I'll make a good father?"

I stopped what I was doing as I instantly responded "Of course."

I looked down at my husband who had a stormy look in his eyes. He looked up at me and sighed, "I just worry that I won't be the father that he deserves. I want to be there for Morgan as much as I can."

I glanced down at him and agreed grimly. I looked down at my plans. If we did this right then I would be able to go onto the battle field after recovering from giving birth.

"Well look how well you and grown up Morgan get along, I mean he's even starting to remember you." I assured

Priam nodded grimly as his expression became suddenly sad.

I perked up and softly asked "What happened?"

He glanced down at the bed and with an emotionless voice he echoed, "Morgan remembers me dying. He was only 9."

I stared at the man shocked as he continued to avoid eye contact his eyes downcast and his body wrapped around mine. Fear consumed my chest. I shook my head and continued rationally making sure to calm myself down.

"Well, that was future you. That was when Grima came back. Right now we can change that. If we win this war we will change the future. Besides you could not be a better father right now to Morgan. You are not your father and I am nothing like mine. Besides I'm going to be there every step of the way with you on raising this baby." I assured. I rested a hand on his arm and shot him a smile.

He glanced up at me his deep eyes looking into mine. He sighed and buried his face into my side while hugging my waist as he mumbled, "What did I do to deserve you?"

I smirked and replied, "You got lucky."

I felt his whole body shake as he snickered his mind hopefully put to ease. I smiled down at him as he shot me a more relaxed smirk. I leaned down and kissed his forehead before continuing my work.

Indienote: Hey guys! So next chapter will be up next Wednesday or Friday (I'm going to try to get better with updating) this chapter was kind of short but I couldn't bring myself not to post it. 

Anyways! leave a comment and tell me how I'm doing and make sure to vote for this story and follow it since I might be going on hiatus again in a month or two. 

I will try to get as many chapters as I possibly can out but life has been pretty busy for me since I broke my foot at work and fam stuff. So thank all of you guys for the support and love from me writing this and I hope to update and actually finish this fanfic soon! 

(Also if you guys have any suggestions or a certain scene you would love to see with these two please PM me so I can see if i can get it in.)