Too Much the Same

Nico lay in his bed, covers draped over his torso, pillow on his head. It was Friday night-the most miserable night of the week to Nico. The seven were downstairs cuddling, watching movies, and doing whatever else couples do. Nico could care less. Eventually, Jason would come up here to drag him out of bed, and force him to participate. This had become a weekly routine.

"Come on, Death Breath."whined Leo as he tugged at Nico's feet. "Jason sent me up here to get you. Now get your ass out out bed before I light you on fire."

Nico kicked at Leo's hands and held onto the bed for support. "Let me go, you idiot!" He barked.

Nico snapped his fingers and summoned skeletons from the Underworld. Leo yelped and ran from the room, and after Nico figured he wouldn't return, he sent the skeletons back. Can't these people leave me alone? I don't belong with them. I don't belong here. Can't they see it? No one wants to be with me. I'm the creepy Son of Hades.

Nico trudged out of bed, walking over to his bathroom mirror. He ran his fingers through his dark locks of hair and sighed wearily. He tossed a shirt over his head, and placed a pair of pajama pants over his boxers.

Nico figured Leo would give Jason a report, which would earn him a quick kidnapping. He moaned angrily, and walked down the stairs to the living room.

On the couch sat Percy and Annabeth, stealing quick kisses from each other every few seconds. Nico shuddered at the sight and willed himself not to cry or hyperventilate. Hazel and Frank sat on the love seat,wrapped in each other arms and holding hands. Jason and Piper sat on a blanket sharing a bowl of popcorn and whispering under their breath to each other. Nico's eyes wandered around the room and saw Leo lying on the floor, twiddling with a spring and metal object. To say the least, only a few people were actually paying attention to the movie.

Nico quietly walked into the room, sitting in the farthest corner away from Percy and Annabeth. He plopped down on the floor and looked up at the tv. They were watching a movie Nico didn't know the name of, and he guessed from all the water and beaches he saw, Percy had picked it out. He laughed slightly at the ironic selection, but realized he hadn't laughed quiet enough. All eyes were turned on him now, and Nico not being able to take all of the attention, disappeared immediately to his room.

Leo shook his head dismissively," Poor Nico. Kid doesn't realize his laugh is like hearing angels sing and he decided to run away because he was ashamed."

Jason gave Leo a glare and stood up to dust off his pants. "I'll go check on him. You guys can finish watching the movie without me. This may take awhile."

Jason walked up to the second floor of the mansion Chiron had allowed them to stay in, and approached Nico's door. He knocked softly and opened the door, letting himself in.

"Nico?" Jason asked as he stepped over a pile of clothes. Jason spotted Nico packing a bag hurriedly and knew exactly what he was doing. He walked over to Nico, and for everything Nico packed, Jason unpacked.

"You're not leaving." Jason stated, placing Nico's shirts back in his drawer. Nico growled and picked up a bar of soap chucking it at Jason. Jason ducked, avoiding the object being thrown, and proceeded to pick it up from the floor.

"You can't stop me from leaving, Jason. " Nico said, turning his back towards the blond superman as a form of pouting. Who was he to say Nico couldn't leave? He can do whatever he wants, and that involves getting away from all of these people.

"Okay, Nico. I get it. I may not be able to stop you, but I want to know why." Jason said.

Nico furrowed his eyebrows and allowed one tear to roll down his cheek, before wiping it away. Jason had seen him cry-hundreds of times at that. But Nico wanted so badly to show he was strong and wouldn't break down all over again.