Colours soulmate AU

Connor's POV

The first day of senior year was always hard, it was even harder when you were one of the last people you knew you hadn't found their soulmate. The world looked so bland and boring in just black, white and different greys. But I had lost hope in a soulmate years ago.  I probably didn't have one, or if I did they'd probably take one look at me and run. 

Your POV

I walked into school with Jared and Evan next to me. "Who do you reckon your soulmate is?" I asked. Jared shrugged, "there was a cutie working at lush the other day." He smirked. Me and Evan laughed slightly, "Zoe" Evan breathed. "I hope so." I told him. I had no idea who I wanted to be my soulmate. I didn't particularly like anyone at this school. We all walked up to my locker so I could put some stuff in it. As I turned around I saw Jared picking on Connor. I had to admit, Connor looked hot. He'd grown his hair out over summer and it suited him. I decided it was best to not get involved. If Jared got hit it was his fault. "I'm not the freak, you're the freak!" I suddenly turned to see him about to hit Evan. I ran and stood in front of him, taking the punch straight to the nose. I closed my eyes as Evan began asking if I was okay and shaking me slightly. It felt broken, I touched my nose and opened my eyes to look at my hand. Blood. Red blood. Wait, RED!? I suddenly looked up at Connor. He seemed to be having the same realisation. We could see colour. We were soulmates.

Connor's mind was racing, he felt like he couldn't breath. He'd hit her, actually hit her. And now she was his soulmate. To make matters worse, she was cute. Like, really fucking cute. As you looked up to meet his eyes he couldn't take it. He ran all the way to the school feild and leant up against a tree near the back wall. He swore at himself for how stupid he was. Wiping the tears already pouring down his face.

Back to your POV

"Omg, he was crying!" One girl laughed. I stood up and went to chase after him. "Wait, are you okay?" Evan asked. "Never better." I said, surprisingly truthfully. 

I when to every place in the school I thought he might be, then as a last ditch effort I walked to the feild. I could just about see a dark figure sat down against the tree, bright green leaves and a beautiful blue sky above him. It had to be Connor. I raced down the feild, only slowing when he looked up at me. "Why are you here?" He asked. I felt taken back. "I thought you could see it too?" I said sadly. "Or maybe, it was just me." I mumbled, looking down at my arms. Connor sighed, "you mean the colour?" He asked. I looked at him slowly. He was gorgeous. "Yeah." I smiled. "Look, I'm sorry that in the lottery of life you got me. No-one knows, so you can just enjoy the beauty of colour and find someone else who's way out of their soulmates league." He said blandly then leaned back against the tree. "Is that it?" I asked, confused somewhat by what he'd said. "And I'm sorry for punching you " he added, quite unsure of what you were asking him. "that wasn't what I meant." I explained. He sat up and looked at me properly, "what?" He asked. "You find your soulmate and you just tell them to bugger off. I thought you'd at least take me out for coffee before deciding if you want me or not." Connor seemed really taken back by what I'd said. Honestly he couldn't even begin to comprehend it. Of course he wanted you, you were stunning and from the fact you came to say this to him, he knew you were kind and sweet. But he didn't deserve that. You were so far out of his league. Yet you'd still seemed to want to be nice to him. "Wait, you don't mind having me as a soulmate?" He finally spoke. "Mind? Of course I don't mind. You're cute and I'd like to take you out for coffee. We can skip class and go now if you want?" I offered. Connor was really surprised by that. "Yeah, sure." He smiled, standing up. "Is your nose okay?" He asked. "I think it's broken. Maybe the nurse and then coffee?" I offered. "Sounds good to me." Connor smiled.